Ghostbuster needs equipment!

GeektressGalore

Sr Member
Hey there! So, I've been trying to assemble a Girlie Ghostbuster costume for kicks while I figure out a more accurate jumpsuit/belt/gadgets/etc, and I recently wore it to an mc chris concert (see the off-topic forum for my thread about it! :D) So, basically, I want to see what everyone thinks about it, and I want suggestions where to find more accurate stuff. Where did you get your jumpsuit? Who do you go to for a proton pack? I'm still trying to get used to the prop stuff, so I don't quite know who to talk to yet.

Any suggestions would WONDERFUL

100.jpg

My goggles/glasses. I don't actually need them, but my character does. :)
124.jpg

The dress. I might need a new pose, come to think of it.
mcchris001.jpg

Me being a camera *****. Bored before the concert, and waiting on my ride.

So, tell me your opinions, suggestions, etc. I want feedback, people!

just gotta say wow! any whos gbfans.com has jumpers and ebay has a kit you can put together yourself and packs can range up into 1k and more. best bet is to see if you can find the $200 kit floating around somewhere and get to it, or if you dont want to spend that much cash you can grab the plans that are floating around on google and try one from scratch or i have some pep files for a pack and wand that i can sell you.

just gotta say wow! any whos gbfans.com has jumpers and ebay has a kit you can put together yourself and packs can range up into 1k and more. best bet is to see if you can find the $200 kit floating around somewhere and get to it, or if you dont want to spend that much cash you can grab the plans that are floating around on google and try one from scratch or i have some pep files for a pack and wand that i can sell you.

Well, hell ... that's a bit out of my price range right now. I might look for one of those kits, because I won't trust myself quite yet with pepakura (which is gonna kill me because I want to make Halo armor) but this gives me a place to start! Thanks!

there are tons of plans and tutorials for any type of builder on GBfans , take some time and scroll through the build threads and what not, you'll get the hang of it.

You dont have to spend 1 k on a pack, my first pack cost around $ 400, best way to look at it is start with what you have, I spent maybe 20 $ on wood and started from there, the extra expenses just came from the various other pieces to add to it. you don't have to drop a whole lot right from the get go.

Last edited:
my first pack cost me maybe $50, and it was hard to tell it apart from my friends fiberglass kit he payed like $400 for at the time.
if you put your mind to it... you can make a darn nice pack for not a whole lot of money.
also, i'd just like to say, ive seen a lot of female GB's.... most of them try to do the skimpy, skanky GB. yours is awesome... because its still a dress, but its anti-skank. i like it... cool look!
as was said... spend some time over at gbfans.net... the info there is what you seek.

I wish I had any ounce of constructive knowhow. I can figure out how to work with fabric, but when it comes to something that hurts when you punch it, I'm completely clueless.

Also, I was aiming for some semblance of usefulness with the costume, so I looked for long sleeves and knee length. Glad you don't think it's skanky! I hate it when people do that. :)

I have a gbfans account, but I don't use it. Perhaps I should. lol

im not sure where i saw it but there is a site that sells 2 different aviation suits (if you want an authentic one) for about $15 and if ya want i think i can scrap together a basic pack that you would have to finish yourself.

if it helps, When it comes to fabric I'm a complete idiot myself lol, when I had first started , I had no construction know how at all, you just take it a step at a time basically.

I know some of the female Gb's like using the older Kenner Real Ghostbusters pack repainted and repurposed.

The shells that are currently offered range from vacuform to fiberglass to even wood with al the basic contruction done for you, it's just plug and play from there lol

I love that you have a Billy Idol picture above your lightswitch. :lol

Great costume, it's plain to see that you're having fun with this one! :) I especially like the knee-length boots; you could keep a PKE meter strapped to the side of it..

Allow me to +1 for making your own pack. There's some great plans out there.

The PKE meter is coming our Dec. 1st, and will probably sell out at about 12:05

http://www.therpf.com/f9/official-pke-prop-91706/

As for your proton pack, here are some plans:

Equipment Plans - Equipment - Ghostbusters Fans Wiki

Here are some pep files in case you want to go that way, although I'd probably only recommend doing the boxy bits this way:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/proton-pack-pepakura-88027/#post1247554

And here are some words of encouragement: the nice thing about the proton pack is that it is made up of a lot of simple parts that only look complex when assembled. It's mainly just some boxes. Read though the three sets of plans at the link above, and then just take it one piece at a time. Before you know it, you'll have a proton pack.

I have some vacuuformed pack shells picking up dust in my garage if you're interested in going that route. The guy who made them used polystyrene so they're a little flimsy but he showed me a finished one that was filled with Great Stuff expanding foam. It was pretty solid and light weight. My e-mail is dorcphish@yahoo.com or you can PM me. I have three total. Great take on the uniform.

~Kevin

Try multimediamayhem aka irrician, hes got great trap parts, and he wrote on his site, that he make different props ready to wear for customers...

Did you make your GB dress? My GF has been looking to join me in gear and has been looking for a cool dress instead of the jumpsuit or the mini skirts most GB girls do. Nice job!

- Jeff

Did you make your GB dress? My GF has been looking to join me in gear and has been looking for a cool dress instead of the jumpsuit or the mini skirts most GB girls do. Nice job!

- Jeff

I actually found it on ebay. I searched for "safari dress" and narrowed the search down from there. Good luck!

Hey Girl! Plan on bringing this out to Chicago Comic Con?
Looks Marvelous.

Have you thought of doing an Extreme GB pack? Looks relatively easy and would go very well with your look.
GBEZ's Proton Pack - Proton Packs - Fan Props - Ghostbusters Fans

I was thinking about CCC, and this will definitely be one of the costumes I wear if I can get the equipment by then. I've always loved the movie proton packs, so I REALLY want one of those, but with my financial situation the way it is, I realize that may not actually happen. So, I'll think about this, but if I can find a movie pack, I'll go with that one instead.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back