Ghost Hunting shows..

wow, I thought I'd find a few folks here who at least would have an open mind about this stuff.. I've had a few weird things happen that while not ghostly, would qualify as bizzarre..

Phantom smell and sudden goosebumps, with a intense urge to leave the room... Already awake at 2AM due to a loud party across the street, and a knock coming from the closet door. The Stereo turns itself on. Another stereo mutes itself being no where near the remote. all minor things, but does make you wonder... and all one off occurences in different frequented houses never happening again ;o)...

As NeilT said in the first post, it would be great to see Aykryod doing a Ghostbusting show. Don't know why, but I would be ready to believe him. ;)

I ignore them all. If anyone found proof of ghosts or anything paranormal, it would be on the news the next day.

I was standing in line at Walmart today when I noticed the person behind me place a Family Guy: Blue Harvest DVD on the conveyor. Glanced up and recognized Steve from TAPS. That's all, just thought I'd share.

I have some ectoplasm I collected from a ghost I saw and would like to sell it to people who believe in ghosts. $50 a sample.

And no, the fact I have a cold right now is totally coincidental.

I was standing in line at Walmart today when I noticed the person behind me place a Family Guy: Blue Harvest DVD on the conveyor. Glanced up and recognized Steve from TAPS. That's all, just thought I'd share.

Years ago, while attending the Star Wars exhibit at the Boston Science Museum, I ran into Brian Harnois (from seasons 1 / 2 of GH). Talked to him for like 2 hours as we wandered around the exhibit. Nice enough guy.

-Fred

First of all, my wife and watch most all of the paranormal based shows that are running.

Ghost Hunters is most watched, primarily because we like the approach they use. We have met most everyone from the group. The discussions we have had with them were great. They take what they do seriously.

GHI has some great locations.

Ghost Adventures...Aaron is funny as hell. Sometimes they come up with some interesting stuff. I would like to sit down with them and talk.

Paranormal State...did not really get into that one.

The other side of this coin is we also investigate as a hobby. We both have had things happen we can not explain. She has been touched while walking down a path. Not a touch like a bug hitting you in the back, but a full on touch of a hand.

We were investigating a old hotel in July near Tampa, FL. The upper floors were being renovated, thus had no air conditioning. It was 92 degrees ambient temperature. I walked through a 68 degree "cold spot", which my wife who was 6 feet in front of me did not feel.

We have been to the St. Augustine lighthouse, recorded 2-3 people having a conversation go by us in the tower that we were alone in.

Now, I'm not saying there are ghosts. But, I will say there are things out there we do not understand and may never understand. Since I have experienced it first hand, I willing to believe there are some truths to these shows. I'm sure there has been some sensationalized evidence, but I think it was pushed by the producers for the ratings.

I would say we only get and actual piece of evidence about 7-10% of the time. Taking that into account, that would make for a pretty boring show.

Jay

at least we know steve has good taste off the set :). Star Wars, not family guy :).

Did anyone watch this weeks GHI yet? Supposedly they showed some cutting and blood letting that 'magically' stirred up the spirits. Sniffs of Producer medling to me. My conspiracy theory is stuff like this is why Grant left GH. he probably doesn't like the TV side of investigating for ratings, and Kris Williams doesn't either from her latest twitter post.

We were investigating a old hotel in July near Tampa, FL. The upper floors were being renovated, thus had no air conditioning. It was 92 degrees ambient temperature. I walked through a 68 degree "cold spot", which my wife who was 6 feet in front of me did not feel.

Cold spots are a naturally occurring event in the air. They happen all over all the time. The fact that your wife did not feel it does not mean anything beyond the fact that she did not feel it. I'm sorry to discount your evidence, but it's not evidence of anything paranormal, IMHO.

We have been to the St. Augustine lighthouse, recorded 2-3 people having a conversation go by us in the tower that we were alone in.

I am assuming you mean you recorded a conversation that you did not hear with your ears. Yes? Two days ago I was watching TV and the speaker picked up a radio signal and I heard a DJ talking over my TV show. I was working on a film some years ago (in Tampa), and the camera I was using (a canon XL-2) picked up a cell phone conversation from an apartment next store. Our DAT machine picked up a signal and ruined the audio. It was garbled, low, and sounded really creepy. Had we been on a paranormal investigation, well, we could have labelled it as evidence I suppose.

Again, I'm not trying to discount your evidence, I'm just trying to tell you that it's very likely not paranormal at all. Electronic recording devices are notorious for picking up electronic signals moving through the air, and that signal can be distorted in many ways once it hits your recording device. Especially out away from cities and hubs of broadcasting. You can also receive crossed signals that sound pretty crazy.

I'm not a skeptic of the paranormal. I'm a skeptic of ghost shows though. ;)

the only crossed signal I got was calling a neighbor. somehow my line crossed with their's, and I heard a conversation between mother and daughter taking place in an un-intended three way. oddly enough, it was about me! THAT I would call paranormal!, never happened again!

I am assuming you mean you recorded a conversation that you did not hear with your ears. Yes? Two days ago I was watching TV and the speaker picked up a radio signal and I heard a DJ talking over my TV show. I was working on a film some years ago (in Tampa), and the camera I was using (a canon XL-2) picked up a cell phone conversation from an apartment next store. Our DAT machine picked up a signal and ruined the audio. It was garbled, low, and sounded really creepy. Had we been on a paranormal investigation, well, we could have labelled it as evidence I suppose.

Actually, is was a conversation we did hear.

Again, I'm not trying to discount your evidence, I'm just trying to tell you that it's very likely not paranormal at all. Electronic recording devices are notorious for picking up electronic signals moving through the air, and that signal can be distorted in many ways once it hits your recording device. Especially out away from cities and hubs of broadcasting. You can also receive crossed signals that sound pretty crazy.

I'm not a skeptic of the paranormal. I'm a skeptic of ghost shows though. ;)

No problem...we actually welcome opinions on everything we do. We review "evidence" very closely. If there is any doubt, we dismiss it. The odd thing about the cold spot...is that's the only time I have ever felt one.

Jay

The factual repeatable provable evidences of the way the human brain functions is more then enough explaination for me for "ghosts" and quite a bit of other things as well.
It's been beat about on this forum before.

That is a point of fascination for me though, how the mind can utterly convince an individual of existance of the non-existant. Why that is? what purpose has it served
in human evolution if any? and why in an age of science it is still with us?

I tend to like GA more. They have only quit a lock down once but GH will leave a room just cause the one guy has a fear of spiders. I've seen a few where the guy on GH did that in a few episodes. I know it's a phobia and everyone has them but even Zak goes through a full investigation when he's around his phobia of dolls.

Also for those who haven't seen this photo, Ghostbusters now with Ghostbusters then
14bkv3m.jpg

Well, where to start, Love the shows because is kind of funny when they get spooked by noises and sounds, I am very skeptical about the whole supernatural and afterlife subject; that's why I watch. Now, do anybody here look at the shows and think hmmmm, if there are a lot of activities why don't they put more cameras around?, OK, they can carry their own, but at the beginning of every show they go through the place that needs to be investigated and pin point all the places where "supposedly" supernatural stuff happens, but then they place a crappy camera on a crappy spot.

I'm not a director, but if a room has a lot of activities, why they don't cover all 4 corners of the room? that way if it is true that ghostly stuff happens they have a better chance to see it and convince people that there is "life after death" anybody cares to share their view on this?

After all that hunting, they still get scared?

What is it to be scared of exactly? LOL????

The "ghosts" are not even capable of giving you a wedgy!

I held a ceremony (mostly on a dare, but primarily to scare the pants off a few girls) that was supposed to summon a demon.

I didn't get no demon.

Probably didn't work because I didn't believe it would. Yep that's the reason.

I held a ceremony (mostly on a dare, but primarily to scare the pants off a few girls) that was supposed to summon a demon.

I didn't get no demon.

Probably didn't work because I didn't believe it would. Yep that's the reason.
or maybe, he now resides inside you and makes you do stuff without you noticing it!
had any blackouts etc since then? like, drink too much and dont remember the whole evening? yeah thats when he does it :D

not my favorite thing these ghost hunting shows. TAPS is alittle ridiculous for my liking.

kind of a side tangent but my favorite two lines from ghost busters have all been from the Winston character. "Ray, if someone asks if you're a god you say YES!" and to the mayor "Since I joined these men I have seen **** that would turn you white"

did they just give him these amazing lines or did he do them himself? hmmm possibly the topic for a seperate forum lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back