GH vs. Gino Vader Armor

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
As you may be aware, I recently finished my set of Gino Vader armor. I want to compare the size of the Gino armor to the GH armor.

I was hoping that someone who owns a set of GH armor would post pics showing measurements across different areas of the armor so I can compare it to my Gino armor. Thanks in advance.

The GH armor originates from original armor. The proportions are fairly close but with the limited reference I had at the time (and my skill level at that time) did the best I could. Still looks better than a GT though. :D
Just for further clarification, the vader armor on my mannequins now are taken from original armor and is of a different source than the GH.
So really to be accurate, the armor referenced above is the old version Gino armor. ;)

Saw the armor in the other thread, looks like it was nicely finished up. :thumbsup

Thanks Gino for providing clarifiaction and for the compliment on the finish job. :)

Let me state that this thread is not about accuracy for the old Gino vs GH, I know the GH is more accurate. I have never seen a set of GH armor in person and I am wondering how my Gino stacks up against it in size and how far off it is.

Let the measurements begin... :D

I think Gino did a nice job on his armor, considering the references available when he made it. Your finishing is great too, Chris.

I don't know, specifically how it compares in size, but I'd bet Gino likely used the Don Post Deluxe helmet as a size reference, so it can't be too far off.

<div class='quotetop'>(Ghost Host @ May 31 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]1253624[/snapback]</div>
I think Gino did a nice job on his armor, considering the references available when he made it. Your finishing is great too, Chris.

I don't know, specifically how it compares in size, but I'd bet Gino likely used the Don Post Deluxe helmet as a size reference, so it can't be too far off.
[/b]

Thanks GH. To have a great prop maker such as yourself compliment my finishing work is an honor.

Still waiting for someone to post some measurements and pics. C'mon people, I know there are lots of people out there with a GH set. :D

I can tell you that my cast off original armor measuring from front bottom corner to front bottom corner in a straight line overlapping the top middle is almost exactly 17.5".

Hope that helps.

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ May 31 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1253804[/snapback]</div>
I'll get out the measuring tape later on today... :)
[/b]

Much appreciated Thomas. Some pics would be helpful too. :D

I measured roughly the width across the top (middle looking from down from above)...about 22inches and the width of the neck at the peak of the armor...again the middle when looking down on the armor...that will be more subjective. Then there's an overall height measurement from the center base to the top of the black strip, again approximate because of the curvature (don't have calipers that big :p). This is typical Ghosthost set.

TSRarmorBc.jpg

Here is the pic of my Gino Armor, along with the respective measurements. I measured using the same criteria that Thomas used to measure his GH set:

Gino_Armor_Measurements.jpg

width across the top (middle looking from down from above): 20.75 inches

width of the neck at the peak of the armor (middle when looking down on the armor): 7.5 inches

overall height measurement from the center base to the top of the black strip: 14 inches

The GH is substantially wider in the neck (3 inches) but is only 1.25 inches wider across the shoulders. It is has fairly more height as well (close to 2 inches from center base to to top of black strip).

I hope people interested in the Gino and/or GH armor found this size comparison useful. Comments are welcome.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back