Geoff Peterson - Anyone?

I have been messing around with this again this week. Seems that I found some spare time after the UPS guy dropped off the panel lamps that epilepticsquirl had suggested. :lol

I had to really lay into the plastic skull with a die grinder to get the openings carved out quickly. The dremmel was working, but I found it just took to long. I remember thinking when I worked the skull that I was lucky this thing is not a real human piece, other wise I would be risking going to hell for what I was doing to the poor thing. :eek

Anyway. The lights are in and looking nice. I went with the 110 volt versions as I just thought it would be simpler.

lampinstall003.jpg

lampinstall004.jpg

lampinstall007.jpg

lampinstall005.jpg

lampinstall006.jpg

ooh I like that! Those lights look like a decent substitute; that means I'm most definitely ordering some. How did you wire those bad boys up?

Those pictures actually look like they're from Grant's workbench! :thumbsup

I don't think that they are an exact copy of the ones used, but I do believe they look just fine. The lights have build in lugs that you just strip off a bit of the wire insulation and sung them down with a screw driver and your done. I bought a cheepie 3 dollar extension cord and cut off and discarded the one end using the wall plug end and wired the two lights in parallel to one another. Latter on I will ad some sort of switch for it.

Excellent job, I'd say lit it would probably take a side-by-side comparison to spot the difference once you're done. Are the internal LEDs in those blue or just white?

Once you have the "metal" mohawk on he'll probably spontaneously start jabbering "Colorado, oh I have a place there!"

"you should come down sometime! we go fishing and throw beads at people, take our clothes off and go swimming. Just you and me...together...in the nude."

:lol This is going to be awesome.

Can anyone post a profile photo of Geoff's head? I will soon be building the Mohawk and really wanted to get it and the proportions right.

Was searching around and caught this profile pic. Sorry it's so small but it's better than nothing. (that's what he said) Just click on it and it'll enlarge somewhat. :lol

View attachment 82952

Ironically, I was going to use this method for the Mohawk:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/mythbuster-sign-wip-83674/
Seemed to be the lightest and easiest option. :)

Last edited:
I haven't opened up the lights to look, but I would be willing to bet they are just normal white LED bulbs in there. If they are not sealed I will crack one open latter and let you know.

Fantastic profile shot, even if it is a bit small all that matters is what you can do with it. :lol It should be enough to get the profile right. And now that I have a few more pieces in hand I can judge the height and degree of angles much better. Also the angle at which the head is mounted is a bit more apparent as well. In my first shot I have a cast iron pipe screwed into a pipe floor mount. Depending on what sizes I can find/get carrier bearing in will decide if I can use the black pipe or not.

For my mohawk I will be using just simple scrap 0.90 thickness ABS plastic sheet. A bit of glue and paint work should do the trick. If nothing else it will make a great pattern for the local metal fabrication shop. I only have a MIG currently and the price of a TIG welder is hard to warrant for small hobby jobs like this.

I have been working on Geoff again today instead of working on what pays the bills. Sometimes you just need a little distraction to get you back on track with the important things.

Sorry for the blurry pics. Can't seem to find the tripod anywhere. :unsure

Geoffcommingtogether029.jpg

Geoffcommingtogether032.jpg

Geoffcommingtogether023.jpg

That looks fantastic DS! It looks like you nailed the color and the mohawk perfectly. What'd you use to paint the skull?

Now you just need that rubber ducky necklace thing he has and a crap load of beads! You know how much Geoff likes to throw beads!

I picked Rustolem, ''winter gray" for the skull. But I really think my mohawk could be a bit more flatter on top, and less of a radius curve look to it.

Picked up a second hand white collar shirt for Geoff. Wasn't about use one of my good ones, so a 5 dollar shirt worked just fine.

I think that everyone has an aunt who loves beaded necklace's. Got one of mine looking through her collection for some that she will give up for the project. She doesn't understand why I want them. But is being a good sport about it all.

And I still need to pick up some arms and hands for him as well.

Nah, I think your Mohawk looks fine; if anything you're suffering from "Maker's syndrome". From an outside point of view your mohawk looks spot on.

Just tell your aunt your thinking of going drag and want to try out a few looks. :lol

Here's a trace of Geoff's mohawk that I did in Rhino and beefed up in photoshop. :thumbsup

View attachment 85752

Rhino? Photoshop? Whatever happened to just freehanding something? :)

Just kidding. And if I told my aunt that she would have me back looking at worshack ink blots again. :facepalm

I really have to stop picking through these threads and finding new projects to start. Amazing research, all! I guess I'll be skull shopping in the very near future. :D

So watching Craig Ferguson tonight and in usual basement fashion one of the lights went off near Geoff Peterson. The glow that his eyes made reminded me of your build so you're probably not too far off on how bright and deep blue his eyes really are. Really shows how much the stage lights wash out Geoff Peterson

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back