Generic Rebel (on a budget!)

Ok, not to brag but, this might just be a brilliant idea:

90631EB4-BB38-4E8C-82BC-BCB8C6F3EA25.jpeg

This is a ribbon mount for a dress uniform. I found it at militaryclothing.com as suggested above for BDUs. These come in several configurations and mounted empty like this, makes for a sweet greblie. Bars could be painted different colors with transparent paints, but just clip this thing on and it looks relevant.

*patting own back*

Ok, not to brag but, this might just be a brilliant idea:

View attachment 1439898
This is a ribbon mount for a dress uniform. I found it at militaryclothing.com as suggested above for BDUs. These come in several configurations and mounted empty like this, makes for a sweet greblie. Bars could be painted different colors with transparent paints, but just clip this thing on and it looks relevant.

*patting own back*
looks perfect, I agree with the colour coding, I believe that's what they did in the films.

I don’t recall seeing this in Star Wars but elsewhere perhaps.

I’m tired. The IPA is kicking in. I need to get the Nerf blaster thread going.

Looks like a fun way to do a cheap costume for conventions. :) I've done that myself a few times though I have to admit I love doing accurate replicas. ^^ It just tends to take longer to find the materials at the right price when you're going for screen accuracy. :p

Yeah, just a generic, or background character. Something that could have been in a film, but clearly not a main one.

I have begun work on another "fantasy" character- a "Marine Scout Sniper". I have already begin cutting material for the ion rifle...

I have been looking for similar items in my Galaxy’s Edge Disneybound thread.

For pants, I bought these...

You can also find them new on eBay which is where I got mine.

the reason I like them is because...

...like most typical Star Wars costume pants, there are no back pockets.
...like most military wear, they do not correspond to the style of the times. These have a high waist band so they don’t look like you are wearing a pair of pants you got at a local retail store.

For a shirt, I like these..

sort of has a Han, Cassian, Poe, look. And like typical Star Wars costumes, no visible button.

Just realize this are Chinese sizes. I wear a traditional medium, but in these, I wear a 3XL.

GOOD LUCK, It’s coming along nicely.

Those pants look pretty good! I was liking the asymmetric leg pickets of some pants these days. I think that lends itself to the look as well.

CF465FE0-B62F-47CA-AEE3-CDB0B80747E2.jpeg

Also, expensive, but if found used (pre-distressed that way too) snake boots have a good look. Most are leather and other material and also bi-colored.

E2204833-42B2-4A98-9FD2-B9BEE9695DD2.jpeg

And I like that shirt you found! I’ve been looking at Indian shirts- almost all have mandarin collars, light material and one had the front (button) seam slanted across the front, rather than straight. I think it could work well too!

And I stopped at Tandy on the way home again (that place is dangerous) and picked up a strap to upgrade my belt. I have some light brown for the guitar strap I repaired I’ll probably use on it...

0FE35302-CE2D-48D4-B8E7-A649547349C8.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back