General Grievous Lightsabers from ROTS

3Tripnip

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey!

I am on the hunt for the lightsabers General Grievous used in ROTS. If I remember correctly, they are:

Kenobi ROTS saber
Anakin ROTS saber
Ki Adi Mundi saber
Adi Gallia saber

Is this correct? Wanting to confirm the screen-seen ones. Thanks in advance for the help!

One of them is a funky design that didn't belong to any other character. It looked a lot like the Adi but had a smooth and dark body. I don't have the screen capture available on this device but maybe someone will chime in with it.

It would appear they change hands shot to shot as well as color, here's a few
grievous-1.jpg
Kenobi_Grievous.png
General-Grievous-star-wars.jpg

I was rather disappointed in the lack of attention to these scenes, more or less :lol

Thanks for the help! What I'm seeing is:

ROTS:
-Kenobi ROTS saber
-Anakin ROTS saber
-Ki Adi Mundi saber
-Adi Gallia / 'arena' style saber in bronze or something.....never noticed that before

Clone Wars
-Kit Fisto saber
-Plo Koon saber
-Ki Adi Mundi saber
-Adi Gallia / 'Arena' style saber

I suppose the Adi Gallia / 'Arena' saber is more likely Shaak Ti's saber that Grievous took during the cut scene maybe?

Last edited:
So ... if Grievous is holding an OB1 ROTS, ... I'm curious to know what Obi-Wan is holding in his hand in that scene ... since it resembles a certain OB1 ANH stunt version with the booster being flat and no clamp?

Chaim

Last edited:
This drives me absolutely crazy. They couldn't come up with a few generic sabers to use in that scene??! A flashlight would have been better! Totally stupid.

That's one of the complaints about the Prequels I totally agree with. Same for using the same design for the main Jedi and just changing a few things.

So what's the project, just the sabers or a lifesize Grievous?

Indeed PoopaPapaPalps ... most likely ... thanks :) ... I just watched certain fragments of Episode III and in the beginning Grievous is handed over the lightsabers of OB1 and Anakin when captured with chancelor Palpatine ... but within minutes they 'force' them back from his robe with the distraction of R2-D2 ... hence the confusion within the 3D animator's team?

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back