General Doctor Whoniverse Discussion

The bar continues to be raised with this show. I am so pleased to see that the budget continues to be increased - the production value really shows!
Great story with a lot of WTF moments that just have you geeking out!
The episode was over far too quick for me!

Just watched "Lets Kill Hitler" for the second time. Very impressed. And I agree the production value has greatly improved. Still has a much different feel than the Tennant episodes. That being said, I am very interested (I guess that's the point) on how they are going to resolve "killing" the older Matt Smith Doctor.

I'm still wondering who could be behind the Astronaut suit? Is it REALLY going to be River?
I love all the suprises we are getting but it KILLS me with all the thinking that has to be done after every episode.

Just watched "Lets Kill Hitler" for the second time. Very impressed. And I agree the production value has greatly improved. Still has a much different feel than the Tennant episodes. That being said, I am very interested (I guess that's the point) on how they are going to resolve "killing" the older Matt Smith Doctor.

The flesh doctor is still out there isn't he?

Last night I finished Horror of Fang Rock and moved onto the 1st ep of The Invisible Enemy in the Baker years. A couple notes:

Horror of Fang Rock is all kinds of awesome. Great characters. Genuinely spooky. Leela looks great in a sweater and has some awesome lines. In the end they leave no one alive. 100% casualty rate in that ep.

Pretty psyched for The Invisible Enemy, K-9's first episode. The first ep had a GREAT scene where Leela brought the coat rack into the console room. Not sure if that's the first coat rack scene. I have scoured antique stores all over New England looking for even a "close enough". No luck so far. Anyway, immediately following that there's a great Doctor/Tardis "old thing" moment.

Speaking of coat racks, I did find this in a local hobby shop recently.

photo-1-L.jpg

Speaking of #4 and Leela...

photo-16-L.jpg

How are they gonna resolve the killing or Resurrection of the Dr? Here's my idea. He really does die that's it. He's dead. The person who shoot him is the ganga Dr. The energy of the failed regeneration goes to the Ganga (we'll see this in one of those sped up, slight of hand 'flash backs' that being used in this series) & the Ganga Dr is the one that takes the show forward as he becomes flesh.

So why is the Dr killed by the 'Dr'? OK here goes... The Dr arranges with a ganga to do this so River can be freed. If he kills himself instead of River then she can't be guilty & the fixed point is still fixed. Just an idea that may change over the next few weeks! :)

I still think River is in the space suit....but I have not ruled out that when she refers to killing the best man she ever knew, she is referring to Rory.

Adding to the mystery of this season:

In the Impossible Astronaut the Doc sends invites out to meet him at Lake Silencio at 4:30pm.

In Let's Kill Hitler the Doc is poisoned, heads into the Tardis who promptly tells him he has 32 minutes to live.

When those time cops pull up the Doc's file, time of death is 5:02pm.

Doctor Who - For those who do not mind having their brains blown out their fingertips. And the only thing more confusing than the actual happenings is the theories of what the reason is...

Pretty psyched for The Invisible Enemy, K-9's first episode. The first ep had a GREAT scene where Leela brought the coat rack into the console room. Not sure if that's the first coat rack scene.
As I recall, one was seen occasionally in the Hartnell control room.

Forget the Coat rack, isn't there a woodern chair in the TARDIS? I know its kicking about during that season. Its the same one that crops up in Hartnel eps & onwards. Can't believe the BBC kept that prop for so long!

Im holding that River is NOT going to be in the spacesuit.
The doc that gets killed could still be a ganger.
This is the most interesting and intense season yet, can't wait for tonights episode!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back