GB1 Hero Proton Pack Build

This is a fantastic build. Really great job! One very minor criticism, I'd repaint the ion arm cap then shake it in a bag of screws/toolbox or scrape with screwdriver to get a chipped effect rather than the sanded look.

Thanks nick. Your comments really mean a lot to me. Unfortunately I epoxied the ion cap on. Stupid me. Trust me looking at it I've already figured I messed it up. I was thinking of buying an airbrush and tape everything off around it and try to weather it again properly. Just don't know how that will turn out. Definitely one of the more disappointing part of my pack :(

Big update:

The shell is pretty much finished now. All the tubing is now attached and I got most of the labels added.

But let's not get ahead, I first took my old ph-25 off and replaced it with one without the disc on top. I didn't know I had one and going through my old parts from my first build I came across it! Absolutely stoked about it. I also twisted it 90 degress to try and match some of the screen shots I researched.

y6egyber.jpg

I then got the ribbon cable attached. I made the rainbow colors face out as seen on Dan's pack in the Sedgwick scene.

era5agaz.jpg

I tried to match the twist on Dan's pack as best as possible using the screen shots found in the reference section. Here she is before labels. I love the look of the bare shell before labels go on.

pu2u3e9y.jpg

Now here is a good amount of pictures of my shell. Hopefully these pictures will be a good reference for others on current and future builds.

Enjoy!

aburaba6.jpg

y5asunu2.jpg

hu3age2y.jpg

a8ube2y4.jpg

gypa8a4a.jpg

ypu8e8ys.jpg

ypehehar.jpg

etada4eq.jpg

uhadu6yj.jpg

a2y7uber.jpg

unu8yjan.jpg

se3asa6a.jpg

Also added the two holes to each cyclo ring.

une7ebup.jpg

de4amaty.jpg

gynu9u3a.jpg

8a3adyhe.jpg

Here's the wood grain and divet on my powercell

2yzu8upy.jpg

abatypyz.jpg

epynatas.jpg

amyjebe7.jpg

nagu6ava.jpg

vu9eju4e.jpg

The crank gen, bumper, hga and rear booster tube labels are all joe Luna metal labels and I absolutely, without a doubt feel in love with them. If you have not picked them up, and get a chance too, DO IT! Buy multiples incase they go away cause they are flawless!
I'm unhappy with my nfilter label. Have no idea how to fix it. The color and size seem off to me but u may be wrong. I also need to add the dry rub to it but that will be another night. I also started to really become disappointed with the weathering on my ion cap but I epoxied it to the ion arm because of mounting issues. I may just tape everything off around it and repaint just the cap and try to figure out how to weather it better. I'm currently in the process of painting my mobo and will be starting back on my thrower come saturday. Like always, all comments are welcome! Hope these pictures will help another builder one day!

Looks great sir! Good luck with the weathering. I thought about it but personally I'm going to let the weathered look happen naturally to mine if my painting scheme works. The only thing I have to say is don't forget to clip the top of the resister that the yellow tube is attach to

Thank you for the kind words war. I will let the weathering happen naturally with some assistance which ill show in future pics. I will also be clipping the resistor. Thank you for the support!

Little update:

Fixed the zip ties on the ribbon cable.

egerybuj.jpg

I then drilled a hole on the mobo to run wires through to my Makita power bracket. I then added a rubber grommet to make sure the wires stay protected against the aluminum.

qetuzanu.jpg

e8a4uby2.jpg

ma6ejete.jpg

I then got my powercell bracket riveted on and powercell lights attached.

uhytubeb.jpg

u7u2a8y4.jpg

a6apyqub.jpg

habybyta.jpg

Last but not least I added the mobo padding and danger sticker. Should I leave the sticker centered and covering the vent holes for the speaker or orient it away?

guje9a3a.jpg

e5yzusa3.jpg

Should I leave the sticker centered and covering the vent holes for the speaker or orient it away?

Looks fine to me but its kinda hard to tell without the ALICE frame present. It should be centered with that. But whatever you do, don't put the label in a corner. It doesnt belong there and sadly thats where most people put it. Huge pet peave of mine :facepalm

Haven't done much of an update in a while so here it goes:

Started the wiring and got my Makita power bracket added. I change some of the components that are screen accurate so I can have a more user friendly power system

unasu6ub.jpg

edade5y5.jpg

5unanyva.jpg

6ynahety.jpg

I then mounted the splitless loom to run the wires.

baba7ezy.jpg

bahu4y4a.jpg

dyvytaty.jpg

ytu2a8y9.jpg

aby5u5ud.jpg

Then started running the wires from the thrower to the sound and light kits.

ny9yte6e.jpg

Then ran the top hat light and vent switch into the thrower itself

vy3y7aga.jpg

java9u2u.jpg

9e8eva4u.jpg

ha5e9e6y.jpg

mabe9evy.jpg

nyge2u3u.jpg

vy6ynyme.jpg

Finished most of the wiring. Here's a test run. Will update when I finalize the rest of the minor details

http://youtu.be/9UiOJTa3LIQ

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back