Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 3 Mask Sculpt WIP

Hydra

Hi everyone. This is really my first foray into mask making. So advice from those who've been around the block a few times would be very helpful.
I chose to sculpt Garrus for my other half because... Well, I LOVE his character and what's better than dressing up my honey as a Sci-Fi crush? I get my very own Garrus!

My plan is to make this piece in four parts.
1) The main body mask, excluding lower jaw.
2) Lower jaw, seam obscured by mandibles.
3) Mandibles, attached for movement on jawline.
4) Long head spikes in flex foam (?)

The eyes (mask wearer's eyes) will be exposed and he will be wearing custom sclera contacts.

garrus001.jpg
Quick turn around guide.

garrusprofile.jpg
Comparing head shapes. Obviously I won't be able to get the neck 100% accurate but most of it is obscured by the neck armor anyways.

garrusprog001.jpg
45 min blocking.

garrusprog002.jpg
2 hours of blocking

995954_687102547981948_759492852_n.jpg
4 hours blocking and refining, the "eyes" are temporary and are simply acting as a tool to help proportion everything.

I hope to be to a stage where I can start the mandibles this evening.

Last edited:
Looking good! I just finished a Garrus Vakarian mask myself. Are you doing rocket-to-the-face garrus?
I struggled with how best to wear it and I think your strategy would work really well, sounds like you could get better jaw movement that way.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back