Galadriel Water Vase Prop?

SirJediKnightTim

Anybody know where to find a "vase" similar to Galadriels?

gfotrmirror6.jpg

I looked for 3 years in various stores around where I live, on ebay and searching web and came up with nothing... so if you DO find something, please let me know! A wonderful friend ended up giving me something similar though much smaller, which was some sort glass container of an alcholic beverage that was spray painted silver:

Julia3.jpg

Better image here

Your's looks pretty good! (Authentic looking dress too.) But WE need to find something made of stainless or chromed. I'll let you know what I find. I have this posted in 3 different prop collector websites. I'll find something!!

Last edited:
It maybe pewter. I have used pewter pitchers in the past that were all grey and rough after use, but fresh out of the box they were as shiney as solder wire.

PM sent.

It is described in the book simply as a "silver ewer".
My family has some old vases and other items made from pewter that have been plated with a thin layer of silver on the outside, but no pitcher-like object that I know of. Tin/pewter turns gray if it is exposed to cold -- it is called "tin pest".

Edit: I found the image below on a well-known auction site. I think it is very close in shape, except for the handle and spout. It is pewter. Made in Holland in 1941 (!), stands only 10" tall, though.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back