Gadget Spy Ring

timinator2

I acquired this toy/prop ring/gadget, that looks like it should be related to something from the man from uncle/our man flynt/eye spy/get smart/ simon templar era. The reason I think its a toy is because the base of the ring is a split, one size fits all, chromed plastic part that may be a battery compartment. The top of the ring is nickel plated base metal, maybe brass, with what looks to me to be some faux circuitry in acrylic. That said, the detail is cool, which also makes me think it may have been a prop. If any of you can shed some light on this intriguing little item it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 199
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 209
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 126
  • ring4.jpg
    ring4.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 139
  • ring5.jpg
    ring5.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ring6.jpg
    ring6.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 111
  • ring7.jpg
    ring7.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 130
I have a number of bar novelties that have magnets on the end instead of ring loops. Put a watch battery inside and twist the top on, and I bet it will blink with multicolored led's.

I have a number of bar novelties that have magnets on the end instead of ring loops. Put a watch battery inside and twist the top on, and I bet it will blink with multicolored led's.

Thats what I was thinking. Interesting thing!:thumbsup

Yeah, that's definitely a light, the circuitry you see has the LED segments on it. These are affectionately called 'blinkies' these days... Drop one or two standard watch batteries in it, it'll start flashing.

I'm not sure of they existed more than 10-12ish years ago? I could be wrong tho...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back