Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

I still think if you can't meet your own deadlines you should at least communicate with your customers. People buy with expectations of getting things within a certain amount of time.

But this is for enthusiasts - it's a different ball game, to be fair. Roman is a gent, and rest assured, you will get an excellent product at a really good price. What you can walk into a store and buy, or order online from general businesses will likely be dearer and not half as good.

But this is for enthusiasts - it's a different ball game, to be fair. Roman is a gent, and rest assured, you will get an excellent product at a really good price. What you can walk into a store and buy, or order online from general businesses will likely be dearer and not half as good.

I guess I missed the disclaimer that said lead times and shipping dates are random numbers not to be trusted. I have as much patience as the next guy for project run delays, but when you order something that's in stock and it doesn't ship even after the latest date in a lead time interval, and then you see a Facebook post showing him working on other sabers not even available for sale yet, my patience is diminished. Honestly, between family and work commitments I have to plan ahead times to work on projects and I needed it this weekend. I would not have ordered it if I had known it would be four weeks or more before shipping. It's great that every one here is so patient, but at some point, for some of us, we rely on people to live up to their promises, and if they can't, to at least communicate that so we can make other arrangements. Maybe these are great prices. I'm not so sure... But what does it matter if you can't get it when you need it?

Are his converted ones Gen 1 or the new Gen 2? If it is the Gen 2 I might skip the bare bones and just let Roman put it all together.

Maybe these are great prices. I'm not so sure...

For the quality of product, they really are.

But what does it matter if you can't get it when you need it?​

All things are relative, to be fair - and I love my collection of props. But do I need any of them? Not really. That's what I mean about the enthusiast aspect. To each their own, though. I have a Roman Obi sabre, and a Graflex flash I converted myself - had to wait a bit, but when I got them?

Absolutely worth the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

But do I need any of them? Not really.
[/QUOTE]

"Need" is indeed a relative term. I didn't need to spend over $200 on it, but since I did it came with certain expectations.

Are his converted ones Gen 1 or the new Gen 2? If it is the Gen 2 I might skip the bare bones and just let Roman put it all together.

I believe all are Gen2 now.

- - - Updated - - -

But do I need any of them? Not really.

"Need" is indeed a relative term. I didn't need to spend over $200 on it, but since I did it came with certain expectations.[/QUOTE]

At at least you didn't order a TGS flex...its been over a year for some.

Communications issues aside, delays are the name of the game in this hobby, for better or for worse. I would suggest to never order anything if you've need it before *insert date here*. 9/10 times the initial delivery date just doesn't happen. This is for a number of reasons: most of these dudes are one man operations coordinating with machine shops (overseas in many cases), handling shipping, working on new/improved projects, and holding down a day job, too. I would say to have faith. I've ordered a half dozen or so pieces from Roman. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure most of them had delays, but they were well worth the wait, and at this point I'm way over any disappointment I may have had from having to wait longer. Once that Graflex shows up, it will be glorious.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

In Roman’s defense it does say 2-3 week lead time right on the 2nd Gen Graflex order page. I ordered one in mid Jan and received it about 3 weeks later. Seemed like a pretty accurate estimate.

In Roman’s defense it does say 2-3 week lead time right on the 2nd Gen Graflex order page. I ordered one in mid Jan and received it about 3 weeks later. Seemed like a pretty accurate estimate.

It's been about four weeks now and it still hasn't shipped and three days without a response to my email. What date did you order? I also ordered mid January.

he posted a few pages back that all the graflexs on his site are now gen2's (even the finished ones). the gen1's were all gone awhile ago, and now a collectable.

It's been about four weeks now and it still hasn't shipped and three days without a response to my email. What date did you order? I also ordered mid January.
Just checked my receipt, I ordered on Jan. 6 and it was delivered on Feb. 8, so actually a bit over 4 weeks. Seemed a lot faster but I was prepared for the lead time and a week over is nothing in this hobby. Roman is swamped, but the end product is amazing.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered one of these lately? I ordered one about three and a half weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped, despite being in stock. I sent an email to ask about it after a few weeks had gone by and Roman said it had a lead time of 2-3 weeks and it would ship early this week. I don't get why an in stock item has a lead time, especially one so long, but regardless it's well overdue now and I haven't received a reply to my email inquiry about it yesterday afternoon. Roman seems to have a pretty good reputation around here but this is pretty bad service.

An IN STOCK item has a lead time, because I've got an order list of nearly 200 orders to get through.

Additionally, would you rather me actually be boxing orders and shipping, trying to keep up? Or sitting by my computer waiting to answer emails? I get about 30 emails a day (plus PMs), and can easily spend up to 3 hours answering "quick questions" and "I know the lead time says X time, but what will MY actual lead time be?" questions...

Furthermore, I am not behind on any emails. I've answered all emails as of this morning's 3 hours email session. What is your order number?

An IN STOCK item has a lead time, because I've got an order list of nearly 200 orders to get through.

Additionally, would you rather me actually be boxing orders and shipping, trying to keep up? Or sitting by my computer waiting to answer emails? I get about 30 emails a day (plus PMs), and can easily spend up to 3 hours answering "quick questions" and "I know the lead time says X time, but what will MY actual lead time be?" questions...

Furthermore, I am not behind on any emails. I've answered all emails as of this morning's 3 hours email session. What is your order number?

I'm not sure why you think your customers know how many pending orders you have, or that they will just assume you'll miss your deadlines, or not respond to emails for four days. Not everyone lives in this bubble where deadlines don't matter and communication is not important. As your orders are such a burden to you, feel free to refund mine and have one less to worry about. Order #5129. Time value was a factor for me, and that value has evaporated.

I'm not sure why you think your customers know how many pending orders you have, or that they will just assume you'll miss your deadlines, or not respond to emails for four days. Not everyone lives in this bubble where deadlines don't matter and communication is not important. As your orders are such a burden to you, feel free to refund mine and have one less to worry about. Order #5129. Time value was a factor for me, and that value has evaporated.

I will buy your order from you !!!

i ordered from Roman 3 weeks ago and almost have my product in hand; I just wanted to pipe in with my bit after reading the general whinging going on here. He was communicative to the email query i sent and very polite/professional. You have to realize that Roman is a one man store, and in this hobby waiting is just part of the "Joi de vivre".

I too have little ones at home, and a full time job and my time is precious, but I don't get my nose all bent out of shape when the world lets me down in a small and meaningless way. There are "wants" and "needs" in life.... having a replica graflex to build a toy isn't a "need"....

I don't assume customers know how many pending orders I have. You asked why there was a lead time for an in stock item. I answered that question.

There are dozens of people with projects, and many of them reach out to me asking if they can have their order rushed. In some cases I can, and in other cases I let them know it's just not possible. You emailed me back in January asking about your order... you said nothing about it being time sensitive. For someone that just mentioned communication above... why not take a few extra seconds to tell me it's time sensitive? Those lead times are only estimates.

I don't assume customers know how many pending orders I have. You asked why there was a lead time for an in stock item. I answered that question.

There are dozens of people with projects, and many of them reach out to me asking if they can have their order rushed. In some cases I can, and in other cases I let them know it's just not possible. You emailed me back in January asking about your order... you said nothing about it being time sensitive. For someone that just mentioned communication above... why not take a few extra seconds to tell me it's time sensitive? Those lead times are only estimates.

Because I didn't know I could cut the line by simply saying it was a rush. I didn't even know there was a line. And based on your response, it sounded like it would have arrived in a reasonable amount of time anyways, in line with the lead time stated on the site. I didn't know why there was a lead time, if you were waiting on parts or something else... But I wanted to make sure it was still coming within the time frame I expected when I ordered, and your answer affirmed that it was. I didn't expect the ship date to change drastically in a week, but here we are.

I didn't expect the ship date to change drastically in a week, but here we are.

Drastically?

Come on, man... I thought it would ship a few days ago, but instead would be shipping tomorrow. I don't see how that is drastic in any way.

I honestly care about you, along with all my other customers, but if you are just mad and want to have the last word... I'll gladly keep quiet and let you close this situation however you like.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back