Full size Rogue One X-Wing in Hollywood

CzWXiI-VIAAf793.jpg

It sure looks like the same one for the Nissan Display at the LA auto show. Its a nice TIE built by fans.

Is it just meor did the Stormtrooper have their Pew, Pew guns confiscated at the red carpet?

I went back to get some better shots after the red carpet event when the crowd had thinned out. They had a mottled reddish light on it like a sort of camouflage and the barriers made it tough to get all of the landing gear but I was able to shoot around everyone with between 100 and 280 mm of zoom to get all the details on a tripod mounted camera. Such a nice build and as a bonus I saw Andi Gutierrez from the Star Wars Show.

X-Wing Front TJB_1541.jpgX-Wing Open Cockpit TJB_1734.jpg

any chance of going into detail on how its constructed? what materials? how many frame sections? flawless job!!

the Ties cockpit and sides are one piece an the wing break down in 3 pieces the used metal ,isimo ,ductape and printed vinyl
If i remember correctly. Project x1 has several tie fighters
hope that helps

Yarooon

I went back to get some better shots after the red carpet event when the crowd had thinned out. They had a mottled reddish light on it like a sort of camouflage and the barriers made it tough to get all of the landing gear but I was able to shoot around everyone with between 100 and 280 mm of zoom to get all the details on a tripod mounted camera. Such a nice build and as a bonus I saw Andi Gutierrez from the Star Wars Show.

View attachment 690011View attachment 690012

That head on shot is beautiful! Is it me or is the nose just a bit too pointy form the original ANH Prop? NOT complaining AT ALL... just making an observation! :)

the Ties cockpit and sides are one piece an the wing break down in 3 pieces the used metal ,isimo ,ductape and printed vinyl
If i remember correctly. Project x1 has several tie fighters
hope that helps

Yarooon

wow! i would have never guessed it was printed vinyl!! i was always curious how they built these things and how heavy they were.

excellent job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow! i would have never guessed it was printed vinyl!! i was always curious how they built these things and how heavy they were.

excellent job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vinyl on wood i believe ill ask when i see them when they get back ;) and ill update here our Rey speederbike was a metal frame with wood shaped plastic forex and a fiberglass nose we use all kind of materials ;)

Yarooon

Isn't the cockpit opening mechanism incorrect? What happened to those two hydraulic pistons that were used to open it in ESB?
X-Wing%20Open%20Cockpit%20TJB_1734.jpg

And what ever happened to the tinted glass ala ANH?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back