Full scale Nomad

Thanks Keith,
Here is a link to one of the old threads here.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=8190&highlight=nomad
I only wish plans/documents existed, and I haven't seen a single behind the scenes pic of him. We assumed Nomad was pieced together with whatever they could find around the lot.
I can say the prop is about 95-97% accurate. If a part appeared in at least 2 scenes it ended up on the model. The only parts that drove me nuts are on the base, they are square panels on rectangular panels on the base. In the screen grabs they looked like brushes.
nomadgrhx5.jpg

If I remember correctly there is a small square part on the side of the conical top part. I am pretty sure that it covered a hole that they used to extend the antenne in one of the scenes. I think it lines up directly opposite of the antenne.

Will

I didn't spot anything like that.
Anybody would have a hard time getting the antenna to work.
I didn't bother with it.
In the screen shots it looks like they were havening a hard time with the extending antenna. The antenna look cock-eyed.
The floating prop would need internal support, because you cannot hang the prop from the top. Most likely there was a shaft extending down though the prop. Even if it was a cable you would have a hard time getting an extending antenna in the prop. Because the center support would interfere with the antenna. That's the reason I didn't bother with it. If I did it I would want all three antennas to extend. I do have an idea of how to do this. But it would require a redesign of the prop.

Ok, now that I painted the main body I also installed lighting in the main body.
What do you all think of it so far.

ok.jpg

ebay001.jpg

Very cool.

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever mentioned it, but the main body section of Nomad always reminded me of the metal canisters they used to store candy/pills in those fallout shelters that schools had in the 60s. I remember a drill, where they showed us the supplies, etc. and ever since then I always thought of those cook metal canisters.

NOMAD only had lights on when it spoke or when it was about to kill or wipe some ones memory. I think it would be neat for it to sit there with a thin stong support wire making it look like it was actually hovering and when somweone came into "range" to have it start talking". Do you have any plans on adding any motion detectors? Does the top of the unit light up with a superbright LED?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back