FULL ARMOURED PREDATOR WIP

soulsearcher

HERE'S A FEW SHOTS OF MY FULL PREDATOR ARMOUR WIP. I STILL HAVE SOME WORK TO DO ON THE DETAIL SIDE,I'M TRYING TO OBTAIN A BIO ORGANIC LOOK TO THE ARMOUR, CROSS BETWEEN METAL AND LIVING ARMOUR, TOOK A COUPLE OF PHOTO'S BELOW TO SHOW THE LAIR HOW IT'S COMIN AONG. I'LL BE ADDING MORE DETAIL WORK TO THE TORSO TOMORROW, FINISHING OFF ROUGH EDGES,SHADOW WORK, THE AGING PROCESS ON THE ARMOUR ETC

here's a couple of pic' of my bio that I've been workin on over the last few months, still need a few touches here n there, also some pieces of finished bio organic armour panels

Looking great love the torso armour!
When the 1st DH AVP series came out i sketched out a 3/4 armoured pred but had trouble with the upper armour.
Keep up the great work, great colours

thanks !! I will be postin updated pics later of next stage of the amour process which I've done today. Been working on the organic look on the biomametic armour, think I'm about there :p

well just about there on the torso, think i've got the bio-organic look I want on the armour, added a second coat of gold to the abdomen area and inner shoulder bells. completed the cod piece, just got to age them and add some shadowing. making a start on the bicep armour, gaunlet control panel and blade gauntlet tomorrow.

Well done the majority of the full torso armour, and I think I am just about there with the look, just started the medpac which you can see om the first pic. not sure about the shoulder pouldrons though, look too sqaure? Anyway it was time for a first fit, and with my breath held, put it together and got the wifey to take some pics and here's the results! let me know what you yhink guys??!! finishing off cannon, feet and shins,butt and thigh armour tomorow, can't wait. The bio-organic look I wanted to achieve was basically done by applying a gel coat over the finished armour and pressing the brush on the still wet gel coat and pulling the brush gently away, it may take two or three attempts to get the right look you wish to obtain, but I think I haven't done to bad?!

woha thats really impressive man!!! Just please tell me you are going to fiberglass or cover that in resin to keep it for like ever :p I really love the look you ahve on taht thing! you definitly gotta right a huntorial on making your armor look so cool!

woha thats really impressive man!!! Just please tell me you are going to fiberglass or cover that in resin to keep it for like ever :p I really love the look you ahve on taht thing! you definitly gotta right a huntorial on making your armor look so cool!

thanks brandon! it's already been glassed and resin coated, so hopefuly it will last ! just got to apply a sealing coat once it's all done.

soulsearcher,

That is major kick @$$, I'm just amazed at how you used the materials and how you got that ripple effect out of the paint!

I like how you took the AVP comic's amount of armor coverage and used the movie AVP armor style.... I love that style, very ornate. :p

This gets me motivated, thats for sure :lol:

---
Ei'luj

That is absolutley amazing looking.....I read your posts and I may have overlooked it, but what did you use for the "gel-coat"? It turned out great!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back