free replica paper props from therpf forum for sale on etsy

How do you got about getting your work taken down from etsy or other sites as I also have had this issue. Do you link to your orignal post?

I remember that another seller was offering the Beverly hills cop ID, before I / you posted it.

Some sellers also buy finshed props and copy it. A lot of other paper props are quick jobs made of close up shots on yourprops or propstore...

Once the prop is out, you never know where it pops up the next time...

I have this happen to me - I have my own private group for my custom work, some of you are members of it and I speak to you once or twice a year. I do put freebies up occasionally for friends to download and use (hopefully they do not resell), but I hide watermarks in them so if they are copied and re-distributed I can identify them.
-
I even bring friends here who I have made items for, so they can see my own work and add to it by others from here. That in some way spreads our hobby and also helps grow the community.
-
I have just started making props again, after taking time out due to ill health. It does make me annoyed there are two people on ETSY who have sold over 200 sale items on there alone who just sell marvel generic replicas from the mcu website.
-
I contacted viperaviator on another well know design website and he gave me permission to use his cover letters as part of my dossiers and we are now good friends and chat regularly. Anyone who is lucky enough to meet me at a convention when I do my charity work may drop on lucky as i give out FREE SHIELD and replica id cards as part of my meet and greet.
-
Here is one of mine, similar to what I found someone selling online on another well-known cosplay site after I made a custom ultimate peter parker SHIELD dossier.

Attachments

• Spiderman Dossier 1A (4).jpg
    Spiderman Dossier 1A (4).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Following up - I did a custom design for magnum PI - I spent the past 2 weeks sending takedown requests to all these t-shirt sites who the people stole my design. I've gotten all of them removed except for freaking alibabba...

Ha, well, the story of my life, years and years ago I used to be super active in the group, sharing for free a lot of stuff, and gues what, every single time they ended up on ebay, so yeah, I stopped, unfortunately, but hey, its part of the game if you are sharing something. I used to try to contact them, and get them to stop, but with time I realized it was a waste of time, counting that I didnt own the property rights for the product I was duplicating, so yeah, painfull, but I gave up on fighting for it.

Gus

I hope this doesn't stop people listing here. I'm seeing a couple free posts, but you need to use google and have permission to get it.

I guess some people will do whatever to make a buck.

Frankly you should stop being surprised, you know very well how this site works and to read you are rather ridiculous, not to mention some members registered here only for the purpose of various requests without anything in return, like Gus in his comment above it's been a long time since I've shared things here.
Caplan

Yea me and Pete used to share files a lot back a few years ago...not so much now, seen a lot of files from here end up on Etsy as well as eBay and other sites, we all know it's wrong and immoral, but people still do it, personally if I ask someone if i can have the files that means for ME ONLY nobody else. If the person wanted to share it they would, some people will share if you ask nicely and some just say "sod-off". but i would only ever sell my own work, not anybody elses work without prior arrangement and some sort of licence agreement, in place to protect them and me.

It's a complete shame that this Free paper props thread is being ruined, not only by greed, but also members criticizing someone else's time, effort and hard work,-- someone that has spent hours and hours on-- and gave us for FREE!! Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth--more like punching a gift horse in the mouth!!

Maybe it is time to restrict this to a member only and give permissions to get copies. At least there will be a handle on it and maybe we can start getting more props shared. I wish I can make some of these myself, but I don't have the experience or software to make them. It sucks that the ones that have the experience and tools are now being scared away or put off by some bad apples.

I may upload a few more, though lost most of my originals when my laptop became an expensive brick about 18 months ago, SAVED it just in case I can get all my art and paper props off it, but unable to power it up, after windows did an update it bricked it.
So, whoever got my paper props off here and the TriskelionHQ, Facebook Group were lucky.

I may upload a few more, though lost most of my originals when my laptop became an expensive brick about 18 months ago, SAVED it just in case I can get all my art and paper props off it, but unable to power it up, after windows did an update it bricked it.
So, whoever got my paper props off here and the TriskelionHQ, Facebook Group were lucky.
You may be able to pull the hard drive and slave it to another computer. I have done so in the past and was able to recover files not involved with the operating system.

Ha, well, the story of my life, years and years ago I used to be super active in the group, sharing for free a lot of stuff, and gues what, every single time they ended up on ebay, so yeah, I stopped, unfortunately, but hey, its part of the game if you are sharing something. I used to try to contact them, and get them to stop, but with time I realized it was a waste of time, counting that I didnt own the property rights for the product I was duplicating, so yeah, painfull, but I gave up on fighting for it.

Gus
-
I used to put hidden watermarks in the image, so if you took a closer look there would be my character stamp, or emoji somewhere..lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back