Frasier props?

msisaac

Has anyone in here tried tackling any Frasier props? There are some pieces of furniture I'd love to get my hands on, and I'm still on the lookout for a Cafe Nervosa coffee cup and saucer. I've seen one on eBay before, but it's not the correct style.

Other than some memorable set dressings (IE recliner, telescope, awesome coffee table, etc.), I can't think of any stand-out props from the show, other than maybe the fencing swords Niles fought with to win back Maris.

Odd that this was posted today, it's the only search for Cafe Nervosa - I just watched 'Murder Most Maris' and realised the aprons are quite heavily featured - they'd be quite cool

There was an episode where Frasier kept getting defeated at the game of chess by his father. The Chess set that was used was incredible and I have yet to find it. The set was huge with the pieces being 6 to 8 inches tall.
I wish I had a pic of it...:unsure

There was an episode where Frasier kept getting defeated at the game of chess by his father. The Chess set that was used was incredible and I have yet to find it. The set was huge with the pieces being 6 to 8 inches tall.

Now THAT is something I wouldn't mind getting. I love chess. I own about 6 different sets, and have plans to make some of my own.

I don't think they ever made and sold mugs that were screen accurate.
There was very little licensing done for Frasier and, unlike the props on the show, licensed products would have a legal line and trademark date on it, even if it were accurate otherwise.
I helped on a photo shoot of Moose (the dog who played Eddie) for a calendar. If I can find a copy of it, we shot all over the sets, Eddie in front of the Microphone at Frasier's studio desk, looking through Frasier's telescope, etc.
No promises, it was many years ago, but maybe someone else will have one as well.

That is, if it helps for reference.

You could make your own Frasier bone

jpw0h.jpg

Other than some memorable set dressings (IE recliner, telescope, awesome coffee table, etc.), I can't think of any stand-out props from the show, other than maybe the fencing swords Niles fought with to win back Maris.

Not so many really "stand-out" props. Just more like things that were featured regularly on the series. As I said, I would love to get one of the cappuccino cups that they used regularly in the series. There were larger rounded cups that usually sat stacked on the wall behind the "baristas", and Niles sometimes drank out of a much smaller espresso cup, but I want one of the regular sized cups that they used more often. It was a cup and saucer combo and the cup was more straight up-and-down, not curved like the stacked cups in the background.

Also, I'd love to get a true Cafe Nervosa apron. I've seen some stuff on CafePress with the Nervosa logo, but nothing accurate. I'm sure it would be a fairly simple matter to have the logo embroidered on a green apron.

The coffee table is incredible and I'd love to get that. I know it was a one-off piece created specifically for the set. There is another table near the apartment entrance bathroom that I like. It's a tall table set with three drawers. Each drawer is slightly twisted from the drawer below it.

Anyway, there's just so much eye candy in those sets. It's one of the best designed shows I've ever seen with really rich sets. And of course, expensive top-notch artwork everywhere...

Yeah, that chess set couldn't have been created just for that one episode. It looked SO intricate. Of course, like so many other pieces on the show, it could have just been some gallery piece that was lent to the production. Like the $20,000 Chihuly glass piece over by the fireplace...

Yeah, that chess set couldn't have been created just for that one episode. It looked SO intricate. Of course, like so many other pieces on the show, it could have just been some gallery piece that was lent to the production. Like the $20,000 Chihuly glass piece over by the fireplace...

Not 100% accurate, but check out the general look and feel of this Napoleonic chess set I found in Google. Compared to the prop in Frasier, it's close. But I know the pieces aren't correct.

Chess.jpg

3m03o53lb5Y45Z65S5b8pec9467a810901df3.jpg

The chess set used (in 'Chess Pains') was made by Piero Benzoni, and yes, they're bloody expensive (but worth it).

I was lucky enough to get the Medici vs. Pazzi set, which is similar to the one they used on Frasier, and the detailing is fantastic.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back