Frank Darko

Nymla

I have been sneaking around this forum for a while but I usually don't make many replicas, I mostly make my own design on stuff.
But finally I made something that is sort of a replica. Now I have something to show! :D

I made my own version of the Donnie Darko mask.
Wanted it to be a bit darker and dirtier, more in my own style. That is why I call it Frank Darko.. :p

Hope you like it! ^^
(This mask is sold.)

p6pJwFc.jpg ArRnMof.jpg zumT6F4.jpg

Made with mostly papier mache/paper clay, painted with silver and several coats of brown, black, some schellack etc. And fabrics.
The eyes are clear plastic and a black see-through mesh fabric.
Teeth are made of sculpey. And the leather straps are from an old leather bag.

nITo6n7.jpg jNGQUuV.jpg

hbWJ225.jpg
Inside of the mask. It has foam pads with adhesive to be glued inside the mask and cut into the right shape for the person wearing it. ^^ (In the pic they are not attached yet, that is why it looks a bit weird.)

gfrbkYP.jpg

Used "water clay" or "ceramics clay" or whateva it is called in english :) The white type I used is really nice.
I made a mold of it using a really crappy plaster. Next time I am using Jesmonite, it has to be the best mold making material in the world xD

Hope you enjoyed it, feel free to shoot questions at me!
/Caroline

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back