Foundation (Asimov) Apple TV series

The 14th of July, Foundation returns for the second series and they have somehow managed to increase the scope from the high bar set in the first series. With Secret Invasion in June and Foundation in July, it will be an epic Summer.

I find it quite puzzling that this series doesn’t get more press. It certainly feels like the best option for non-Earth based sci-fi at the moment. Glad to know there will be more

I find it quite puzzling that this series doesn’t get more press. It certainly feels like the best option for non-Earth based sci-fi at the moment. Glad to know there will be more
I think it is because AppleTV isn't as widely subscribed to as Netflix, Disney+ or Amazon Prime.
Anytime it is reviewed or articles are written about Foundation it is nearly always in praise of the quality of show.
I hope it gets a lavish Blu-ray box set when th series eventually comes to an end.

I think it is because AppleTV isn't as widely subscribed to as Netflix, Disney+ or Amazon Prime.
Anytime it is reviewed or articles are written about Foundation it is nearly always in praise of the quality of show.
I hope it gets a lavish Blu-ray box set when th series eventually comes to an end.
I sure hope so. I’d love to own it one day.

I may have to give it another try. I made it about 3-4 episodes in, and when I found it was such a massive departure from the original books, I was pretty turned off...is it really that good?

(By the way, wasn't enjoying the gratuitous sex and violence of it all...I am not a fan of Game of Thrones or Westworld.)

How many people today have even read the Foundation Series by Asimov? When I read the books it was 40 years ago! From what I remember it does depart from the original Books but so far I am pleased with the direction it has gone. If they had followed the books more closely then it might not have been renewed past the first season. A lot of the material in the first book was a series of short stories with different characters which may have not helped the series.

I may have to give it another try. I made it about 3-4 episodes in, and when I found it was such a massive departure from the original books, I was pretty turned off...is it really that good?

(By the way, wasn't enjoying the gratuitous sex and violence of it all...I am not a fan of Game of Thrones or Westworld.)
It does depart from the books with a lot of the plot points, but I’ve been enjoying it by just looking at it as a semi original sci-fi. It definitely feels better to me than any of the other streaming sci-fi currently running.

And as with any of these shows, the gratuitous sex drops off over time. There are definitely still a couple of highly graphic violent moments sprinkled throughout though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back