FOUND IT! The Brady tiki was a found item!

I've painted up a few of these now and the way the paint lays with a wash against it really makes things look different compared to the black pull.

Hey, I could always be wrong but until someone shows me something different I'll consider my quest, complete.

Sweet! It's hard to tell from the shots but the right hand looked way smaller and the crease at the knee didn't look the same.

Great Find!

FB

No, that's awesome. it's just such an obscure quote, I wasn't sure. Totally makes sense in context, of course :) I believe that's from the sixth season episode, "Chain of Command", part II. Picards parting comments to his tormentor.

Is there a ribbon for "Biggest Geek Moment" of the day?? I think I win!

Yes, you win!

No, that's awesome. it's just such an obscure quote, I wasn't sure. Totally makes sense in context, of course :) I believe that's from the sixth season episode, "Chain of Command", part II. Picards parting comments to his tormentor.

Is there a ribbon for "Biggest Geek Moment" of the day?? I think I win!

Hey, I could always be wrong but until someone shows me something different I'll consider my quest, complete.
I concur. I think you've nailed it. You settled on the same found item I did (the one on the right is a found tiki, the one on the left is an unfinished resin cast):

tikicast.jpg

Here are a few additional screen caps for reference:

tikicap1.jpg

tikicap2.jpg

tikicap3.jpg

cinbob.jpg

(Thanks for hosting, Wackychimp!)

Well done, Rylo!

That side screen cap is fantastic!

You can really match up the lines of the found item against it.

Thanks!

Yep. Been combing the tiki boards for a month trying to nail the little guy down!

I had no idea there were "tiki boards" out there.

Quilting boards, sure, but never thought tiki was so popular:lol

Great find!

What I find funny that the "found object isn't really screen accurate. The screen accurite thing would be a resin cast of the "found object". So Rylo is offering the screen accurate object. So we don't have to all look for the found object.
Mark

So, does anybody know what the "screen accurate" version was cast in?

I mean, considering it was that long ago, were they using urethanes for this type of casting? Or is the one used on-screen actually cast in white plaster or even polyester resin?

Just curious. I'm always interested in "material archaeology".

-Gordon

Can't wait to get mine. This is another one of those things that, since the age of five, I thought would be cool to have. not as much as a luke anh saber, but still pretty cool.

It's resin.

So, does anybody know what the "screen accurate" version was cast in?

I mean, considering it was that long ago, were they using urethanes for this type of casting? Or is the one used on-screen actually cast in white plaster or even polyester resin?

Just curious. I'm always interested in "material archaeology".

-Gordon

It was actually three episodes. Yes, Vincent Price was in it. He wasn't the one causing the bad luck, though. The kids didn't meet him until they finally decided they needed to ditch the thing to shake the curse.

I concur. I think you've nailed it. You settled on the same found item I did (the one on the right is a found tiki, the one on the left is an unfinished resin cast):

tikicast.jpg

(Thanks for hosting, Wackychimp!)

Well done, Rylo!

Nice casting Entropy.

TK

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back