Force Unleashed 3 still alive!

if lucas was smart he would let sam witwer run the franchise! witwer has such a strong passion for star wars and keeping it interesting/alive

That's good news! The first one was good enough that I'd be excited about a new game. Fingers crossed too for a new Battlefront.

I don't know if LucasArts is even alive. At most they just publish games, I don't think they've made a game in years. I'd like to see a TFU3, but they better put more effort into it. TFU2 was too much of the same thing over and over. It wasn't as cool as the first.

I wasn't a fan of either of the two previous Force Unleashed games. They both just had this rushed, unpolished, incomplete feel to them. If they are making a third one, I seriously hope they take their time on it.

I don't know if LucasArts is even alive. At most they just publish games, I don't think they've made a game in years. I'd like to see a TFU3, but they better put more effort into it. TFU2 was too much of the same thing over and over. It wasn't as cool as the first.

LucasArts hasn't been developing games in-house since the early 2000s, actually. They're just a publishing house anymore. All their talent went to other companies (DoubleFine, Totally Games, etc.). And frankly, as publishers, I think they've had more misses than hits. Financially they did well, but their games have at best been mediocre also-rans, and at worst abject crap. There are a few standouts here and there, but they're the exceptions to the rule.

I wasn't a fan of either of the two previous Force Unleashed games. They both just had this rushed, unpolished, incomplete feel to them. If they are making a third one, I seriously hope they take their time on it.

That, and frankly, I'd prefer a little less of the doofy over-the-top "The Force can do ANYTHING" stuff. Like, no more backflipping to slice an AT-ST in half or yank a Star Destroyer out of the sky or whathaveyou.

I loved Yahtzee's review on both games. The original trilogy depicts Luke as being this last hope for the Jedi even though all he could do was wince real hard at his lightsaber before it finally floated towards his hand. Yet in Force Unleashed, here is a hero who is in the universe around the same time as Luke pulling off feats that makes the entire Star Wars universe look like it was made out of empty cardboard boxes.

Remember the original Star Wars movies didn't over use the lightsaber or force powers? The first two movies only had one real duel, and the Force was only used when it was absolutely necessary to overcome an obstacle? Not using these abilities all the time can help emphasize on just how important and delicate they are. I'll give an example. The Luke/Vader duel in Empire Strikes Back was pretty much the only real Lightsaber fight in the whole entire film outside of Luke's vision on Dagobah. It had build up, tension and force to it. In Revenge of the Sith with Obi-Wan/Anakin's duel, it literally feels like just another duel out of the four other duels that came before it in the same freaking movie.

In a nutshell, don't give us too much awesome or else it just becomes redundant and boring. Oh, and another Star Wars protagonist who just happens to be male. I can't wait to see what this fun fruit roll up will roll up with next.

I just find Jedi God Mode boring. Plus, it allows for lazy game design. Just keep throwing waves of dumb stormtrooper cannon fodder at the lone hero and watch him slice, dice, throw, pull, push, and crush everything in his path. It's the same damn gameplay since Wolfenstein 3D, basically, and it bores me. I mean, say what you will about the formulaic nature of games like the Battlefield and COD series, but at least they give you competent friendly AI to back you up.

I dunno. I'm just tired of one-man-army games, and I'm ESPECIALLY tired of freakin' JediJediJedi. I'm reasonably certain that, at one time, the Star Wars universe consisted of more than just Jedi, the cannon fodder they killed, the "sith bosses" they fought, and assorted "speaking-role-only NPCs".

jedi god mode was so dumb. i couldnt stand the the second game. only 3 playable levels?

E3 is coming up and i havent read about anything coming from lucas arts

Well, when I say "jedi god mode" I don't mean literally god mode. I mean the fact that you play a Jedi who is basically unstoppable. The "you against the world" approach, really. It gets old to me. Actually, though, if I'm being completely honest, I'm bored with Jedi in general.

Now, if they had a Kinect game where you could play it with fill 1:1 mapping, including being able to duel your opponent, then THAT would be cool, but I have a hunch even that would get a bit old.

I'm just tired of Jedi being the sole focus of Star Wars. I remember at time when there were other characters in that universe.

I've played them, thought visually they were stunning, more TFU1 than 2. But story wise they are stupid.

And like the others that mentioned it, the 1 vs the galaxy approach is just over done now. Give us something like Battlefront was.

Are all of you missing the point of the game? The game is MEANT to be a one-man-army, Jedi God Mode game. Hence, the Force UNLEASHED. And as for being sick of the Jedi being the sole focus of Star Wars, that's ridiculous because that's the way it was made to be. The Jedi are the center of the Star Wars universe because they're the backbone of the franchise. And as far as the story goes, I agree... Except when you think of it like this. This isn't meant to be a standalone story. It's meant to be a bridge between the other Star Wars canon.

Last edited:
I've played them, thought visually they were stunning, more TFU1 than 2. But story wise they are stupid.

And like the others that mentioned it, the 1 vs the galaxy approach is just over done now. Give us something like Battlefront was.

Battlefront wasn't that good either, just bring back the "Dark Forces" games, just don't call them "Jedi Knight", call it "Imperial Academy" or something, starting out as a cadet or stormtrooper growing out to become an Imperial Officer/General/Admiral with a medal system like they had in the Tiefighter game, or a choice of becoming Sith or Jedi, more interactivity is the key to succes here.

Please no OR type of games anymore, focus more on the movie franchises, Like Ninentendo did with the SuperNintendo games, but this time in first or 3rd person.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back