Force Pike Build/Questions/One part identified

Tom1971

Sr Member
Well I'm gonna start on a Force Pike as it is a relatively cheap prop.

I have looked through all the old threads here and there seems to be absolutely nothing concrete known about this weapon and very limited pictures.

The pole itself is debated about if it tapers or not. Some say it is straight some say it tapers. The real one clearly goes down to a smaller size just above the grip but between that and the top whether or not it tapers seems to be in debate.

For the pole itself it's been suggested that it's a deep sea fishing pole. I could find nothing that looks like it save this:

securedownload.jpg

Boat cover support pole:

B9RGDOwEWkKGrHqNmEEyjC1qTKBM5Tw14og0_12.jpg

Outrigger Pole:

c8401a2d-cb0e-4b80-9f7c-ba0de1a9990e___Selected.jpg

Boat Light Pole:

38645_0.gif

anchor-led-light-telescopic-pole-mounted-267985.jpg

10008542.jpg

Also:

Fish landing net pole

Pool stick

Ski Pole

In addition there seems to be disagreement on the grip. Every real pic I have found clearly shows smooth black grip sections with no type of rings yet many fan made ones have o ring type ringed grips

The end on the real one does not have any piece that flares out but rather a mace type section and then a narrow section leading to a tip.

The pommel is also debated and several options look close but as near as I can tell the real deal has yet to be determined.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here are all the pics I could find:

emperorgd2.jpg

3472212618_010cbf449d_z-1.jpg

RoyalGuardForcePike-BTM.jpg

guard2.jpg

3472212744_35a84df981_z.jpg

3472212688_44cda64479_z1.jpg

3471402851_fe1b4cee21_z.jpg

180px-RoyalGuard.jpg

guardpike-1.jpg

forcepikesk81.jpg

3471402929_ee63f125ee_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Force Pike Build/Questions

Here is my drawing based on all the pics. You will have to excuse the quality. I have no computer or regular drawing skills.

Feel free to tear it apart. The more input the better.

All the black is just plain solid black. As near as I can tell no texture and obviously no rings or ridges.

The bottom or pommel has, 10 I think, flat sections.

The rows of teeth are twisted going up. Kind of like a rifled twist. Not straight.

Image.jpg

Last edited:

This top piece looks like a drill or gear of some kind. The collar at the top looks to have flat sides for a wrench. Then the tube going down to the teeth. It all looks like one piece.

Since it looks like it's just stuffed in the top of the pipe I am wondering what the part looks like inside the pipe heading down toward the handle.

183849_195129567182810_185377654824668_641503_6139651_n.jpg

The top may be what's called a "Worm Gear Hob". Below is a modern one. You can see on the brass one where the bottom part would fit into the top of the pipe and then it has the teeth, tube, collar, and then chrome top.

worm-20hobs-500x500.jpg

I was just thinking before I scrolled down it looked like a giant bolt with rows machined out... great find and good luck. Will be watching.

The top may be what's called a "Worm Gear Hob". Below is a modern one. You can see on the brass one where the bottom part would fit into the top of the pipe and then it has the teeth, tube, collar, and then chrome top.

worm-20hobs-500x500.jpg

That may be the best real world find I've ever seen of this part.

Any larger pics?

Edit- Found this pic

worm.gif

OMG 1000% for sure that's what was used on the original ROTJ pikes!!!
Great find!
Now finding the correct one is going to be tricky.
Here is a decent pic.

forcepike_end.JPG

Last edited:

In fact here are some numbers found on one of the originals.
Hopefully they are some sort of identification #'s.
Did my best to make them out but hard to tell.

forcepike_end_no.jpg

forcepike_end_no2.jpg

Last edited:

PS, all the chrome areas you see on the original pikes is actually chrome tape wrapped around itself.

Yeah I was pretty excited. This is only the second prop I have discovered as much of what I like has already been found.

There was mention on another thread that it may be a mill cutter, threading tap, drill bit of some type, etc. So I just typed that into Google and added pictures and went from there.

I have found the best way to find stuff is type the name into Google and add pictures to it and it will find every pic on the net that matches and that leads you to info. Google has a image search as well where you drop a pic in and it finds matching pics but it does not work that great.

Honestly I find stuff quicker on RPF by going through Google than I do using the search feature here.

On the worm gear hob I have not been able to find a bigger picture and not found a company that has them. Only a few places that offer inquiries. One place mentioned a minimum order of 20 but I'm sure we can manage that. A lot of places use that picture but indicate that they make them custom. My guess is one of these could make us a set no problem.

I will look into that as soon as I can.

Great discovery, I would put money on saying that is the correct part, maybe not the right size but defiantly that type of tool was used. If the price is not to crazy I would get in on a group buy.

Seriously, how the heck did you find that? That is just amazing!

worm-20hobs-500x500.jpg

like Art said, WOW!! bloody brilliant find mate.

after reading your PM I searched for this thread so hopefully you dont mind me putting a couple pics of my Pike Up?

photo4-1.jpg

Starwars001-1.jpg

Starwars003-1.jpg

There are a few pics I noticed you found I'd never seen before, mostly the close ups showing nice details. I did the same as you studying the pikes a couple years ago and came up with what you see in the above pics.

Trav

Seriously, how the heck did you find that? That is just amazing!

Reading this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/rotj-force-pike-brains-needed-32495/

There was mention of drill bit, mill cutter, etc. So I just typed that into Google and added the word pictures and just started looking. I looked at lots of drill bits, mill cutters, thread taps and what not and then one came up that said Worm Gear Hob that looked like a possibility and when I put Worm Gear Hub Pictures into Google it came up right away.

I new the second I saw it that was it but it was very late so I figured I would post it and see what everyone else thought.

It really only took an hour or two.

Just gorgeous. :love:love I think you pretty much nailed it. I only saw a portion of one of these in all the threads I researched. Would love to see some more.

The only thing that looks off is the lower long grip section. Doesn't the props grip taper up and then back down about two thirds the way up like in my drawing????

But wow, that is gorgeous. Gonna have to get me one of these.

More Pics!!!!!!!

like Art said, WOW!! bloody brilliant find mate.

after reading your PM I searched for this thread so hopefully you dont mind me putting a couple pics of my Pike Up?

photo4-1.jpg

Starwars001-1.jpg

Starwars003-1.jpg

There are a few pics I noticed you found I'd never seen before, mostly the close ups showing nice details. I did the same as you studying the pikes a couple years ago and came up with what you see in the above pics.

Trav

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back