Forbidden Planet props.

Same here Karl, what a bummer I hope you did file a Police Report, more than likely a waste of time, but you never know......This has me rethinking my package delivery options also, even though I truly believe we live in a nice safe neighborhood, my carrier also simply leaves mine by the Garage Door most times rather than walking a few extra steps to the front porch so I could easily become a victim myself... :angry

The Colt Vickers laser rifle looks like a simple enough prop to make, the main body can be made from PVC piping with the side slots (27 at approx1/16in apart) cut using a table saw with room for batteries and electronics handle probably cut plywood, the top piece below the crystal looks like a part from a sink drain , the rest can probably be found at the hardware store, might make an interesting prop to build and for probably under $50:love
blaster_rifle2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(starfighter66 @ Jan 18 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]1399923[/snapback]</div>
The Colt Vickers laser rifle looks like a simple enough prop to make, the main body can be made from PVC piping with the side slots cut using a table saw, the rest can probably be found at the hardware store, might make an interesting prop to build :love
blaster_rifle2.jpg

[/b]

DUDE. (Starfighter66) I know this is a little off topic but what's up with swiping Gojira's avatar?

Tater smokin' Godzilla is Jim's. That's just wrong takin' a man's avatar like that.

just sayin' :rolleyes

What the hell. :angry

IÂ’ve been using my Godzilla avatar that I customized with animation since 2000.

That's just not right. :thumbsdown

Jim

:eek easy enough fix - taken care of. got it a about a year ago on a site that had animated gifs/avatars, dont remember your name on it so i will take you at your word that it is your creation. and yes this is off topic and not related to the forbidden planet thread, next time you have a problem it is better to PM and ask nicely and not use a prop thread for a beef , shows bad form and manners.

now to the ACTUAL subject does anyone have ideas on how to light up the colt vickers rifle?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(starfighter66 @ Jan 19 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]1400280[/snapback]</div>
:eek easy enough fix - taken care of. got it a about a year ago on a site that had animated gifs/avatars, dont remember your name on it so i will take you at your word that it is your creation. and yes this is off topic and not related to the forbidden planet thread, next time you have a problem it is better to PM and ask nicely and not use a prop thread for a beef , shows bad form and manners.

now to the ACTUAL subject does anyone have ideas on how to light up the colt vickers rifle?
[/b]

EL sheet behind the slits would work. (Might be a little pricey though)

They make those flashlights with florescent bulbs in them, maybe you could mod one out to take a larger/longer bulb. Though you wouldn't want to bang it around much, you could have quite the mess.

Actually there are a lot of ways to go depending on your budget, and amount of work you want to do, and how good you want it to look when your done.

Jason

Rise from the ashes ye old post!

Has anyone ever modified the museum replicas Forbidden Planet blaster? Sound board, more accurate lights and/or a brass ring?

Rise from the ashes ye old post!

Has anyone ever modified the museum replicas Forbidden Planet blaster? Sound board, more accurate lights and/or a brass ring?
I’m in the process of modifying a pre-built, with light Monsters in Motion model. I added and Adafruit AudioFX Soundboard with built-in amp, Lipo Backpack, Trinket MO and 12 Neopixel ring. I just got the code bugs worked out. Startup sound is Robbie the Robot saying “A simple Blaster” and then I have the single blaster shot sample from the film that loops when you hold down the trigger and bright blue light is synced with sound. Works really well and looks and sounds great. Gonna repaint and button it up in the next few days.

who makes a light kit for this?
I couldn’t find a light kit but I’m in the process of modifying a pre-built, with light Monsters in Motion model. I ditched the stock LED and 9v setup and added an Adafruit AudioFX Soundboard with built-in amp, Lipo Backpack, Trinket MO and 12 Neopixel ring. I just got the code bugs worked out. Startup sound is Robbie the Robot saying “A simple Blaster” and then I have the single blaster shot sample from the film that loops when you hold down the trigger and bright blue light is synced with sound. Works really well and looks and sounds great. Gonna repaint and button it up in the next few days.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back