For those of us who remember between ANH and ESB..

:eek:

You Sir are in for a treat..
I went to his home in Whitstable here in the UK.
There is an old Theatre named after him too..
He was "The" Van Helsing in the classic Hammer movies and many many more suspense and horror movies..
Not forgetting the OG movie Dr Who back in the 60s
Dude, that is a achievement!

I love listening to Alec Guinness interviews. Another good one is Peter Cushing. Every bit the kind, friendly gentleman that Tarkin was not!
Carrie Fisher said that she found it difficult to act like she hated Tarkin because Peter Cushing was so kind to her behind the scenes. Apparently, he also wore slippers in many scenes because the boots they gave him were too small.

I’m gonna YouTube Cushing now, never seen a interview of him

I can't find it now, but PC Gamer posted an interview with him telling about his love for war gaming figures. It showed him painting the figures and talking about how you game with them. They posted it because of Henry Cavill talking about being into Warhammer miniatures.

I can't find it now, but PC Gamer posted an interview with him telling about his love for war gaming figures. It showed him painting the figures and talking about how you game with them. They posted it because of Henry Cavill talking about being into Warhammer miniatures.
looking right now

Cushing's best role... when Tarkin met Batman.

Crazy to think they acted the entire scene backwards while speaking their normal lines, so that when the film was reversed for the final print, they seemed to be speaking Swedish (I believe) while moving "normally" !
wicked hard to believe... trying to figure out the book trick..

I’ve heard that too. He was a wonderful human being from anything I’ve heard of him!
He seemed to have a good sense of humor about his career as well. Although they had appeared in other movies, the first movie that he and Christopher Lee met on and worked on together was The Curse of Frankenstein. As the story goes, Lee was in his dressing room having a bit of a tantrum, so Cushing went in to see what the problem was. He found out that Lee was upset because he had just found out his character (The Creature) had no lines because he hadn't read the script yet. Without missing a beat, Cushing replied, "I have read it. You're lucky." And that was all it took for them to become and remain friends until the day Cushing died.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back