Food Network Halloween Lineup 2022

I definitely prefer the old format for Halloween Wars*, but I'll give it a watch again this year to cheer on Hannah.

*The old format of having to combine Pumpkin Carving, Sugar work ,and cake decorating was more interesting to me than the new format last season where it just feels like all 3 team members are Cake Artists, and it just felts like just another cake decorating show where before having combine the disciplines seamless lead to more impressive displays and interesting creations. It seems the cast bios this year state that their are pumpkin carvers again so maybe they are reverting to that format over the Soft Reboot of last season. Another reason to give it a watch, I guess.
I completely agree. I didn’t really enjoy last season’s format and was hoping they’d go back to the original this year. And I missed having the guest judges each week. I hope you’re right about having more pumpkin carving this time.
I hope you are right.

We loved the old format, have probably seen every episode, at least once. Watched the first episode last season, and were done.
So a bit more info has trickled out... The reason the pumpkin carving suffered during the last season had to do with the time of year they filmed. Having to catch up their competition programming after the pandemic, the season that aired in 2021 was filmed with no pumpkins available.

This year, there were MORE than enough.

My brother filmed a one-hour special a while back that's airing on the 17th if you're into it:

So I’ve been watching Halloween Wars this season and it’s much better than last year. I really love the sets, very creepy and brings out the Halloween spirit. Having Zak Bagans as the video host seems useless and adds nothing to the show.

Congratulations to Hannah and her team for winning their first competition and surviving their second. Hannah seems like a sweet person and is very good at her craft. I think her teams weak point is their pumpkin carver.

I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

So I’ve been watching Halloween Wars this season and it’s much better than last year. I really love the sets, very creepy and brings out the Halloween spirit. Having Zak Bagans as the video host seems useless and adds nothing to the show.

Congratulations to Hannah and her team for winning their first competition and surviving their second. Hannah seems like a sweet person and is very good at her craft. I think her teams weak point is their pumpkin carver.

I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.
Agree on all accounts.

Zak Bagans adds nothing to the show, especially since all his lines are pre-recorded and he therefore has no interaction with the Cast. If he was on set, he might add something to atmosphere with his story telling, but as it is right now it just feels like they are playing commercials for Ghost Adventures in the middle of Halloween Wars.

Usagi Pilgrim you can tell Hannah we are all rooting for her and while it feels like the Cake Artist is the Team lead, she comes off as the strongest member of the Team, to me at least, and the creative editing has not don her a disservice.

I still miss the Guest Judges and the focus they would bring on scares and horror to the pieces. It's interesting that in the first two episodes or so it felt like the previous season where the focus was mostly on the cake aspect, but as the episodes have gone on it seems to be shifting back to the focus on the display itself, like the previous seasons. It is also interesting that if I remember right in old seasons on Halloween Wars they only had 5 hours, but would create these massive larger than life displays, but now when they have 7 hours the displays seem smaller.

Congratulations to Hannah for making it so close to the final challenge. Her team didn’t go home because of her. Their cake artist has been amazing up until the last challenge then dropped the ball. The pumpkin carver was weak the entire season. Usagi Pilgrim please pass on our congratulations to Hannah. Any more behind the scenes tidbits about the production would be great.

The final 2 teams turned out lackluster displays at best for the finale. Overall, I enjoyed this season better than last year, but the show doesn’t live up to the standard set in earlier seasons.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back