Folding shield from Rwby

ZachWinks

So my I'm trying to make Jaune Arc's shield from Rwby and I really want it to fold up, however I cannot think of a good way to work the mechanics. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem like another instance of impossible folding devices (see mass effect for other examples). Still, you could do somethings that would get you a "folding" shield. However, the unfolded version would most likely not look smooth or hold up to any kind of pressure. The first idea that came to mind was a telescoping type system; however, this means that the unfolded shield would have clear ridges where each layer overlapped. There is also the issue of constructing such a design, which would require more percision than may be easily possible (not sure on budget or your resources).

18118768_662084087316114_5745496402644885590_n.jpg18119111_662084073982782_3423778395342847949_n.jpg

I managed to make it work using small hinges. This was done as a commission for a friend of mine.

Edit: Forgot to mention, on the back of the shield is a set of hooks for a length of small diameter pipe to clamp into and hold the shield open when folded outwards, along with magnets on the inside edges to assist in holding it open, as well as folded.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back