Foam WALL-E. Who knew talking to the wife would pay off!! lol..

Re: Foam WALL-E.

Thanks guys as always I really appreciate the kind words, it keeps me going. As for K-9, I haven't finished him yet, I will be returning to him after wall-e.

I spent the afternoon working on wall-e's hands. They have turnd out really well I think. I have just taped them on to the arms so i could get a fw pictures taken.
dscf7060w.jpg

By familyman1312 at 2012-06-03
dscf7058.jpg

dscf7061v.jpg

Thanks, I have been playing around with different poses and I think the one with the hands flopped down in front of him relaxed is the best for a static display piece.
the arms are a little lower then I want them, but they are just loose on the shoulder bar at the moment. I will fix them slightly higher once I have painted and am ready to glue it all together.

Ha! He's adorable! Loved what you came up with for the eyebrows. This build is coming along nicely, can't wait to see this one finished.:thumbsup

Thanks guys as always I really appreciate the kind words, it keeps me going. As for K-9, I haven't finished him yet, I will be returning to him after wall-e.

Cool!!!!

R2, WALL-E and K-9....awesome trio to have hanging out in the living room.

Test fitting the eyebrows and also fixed the arm a little higher. The eyes are the ones I have built but these are photoshoped on just to see what they will look like.
DSCF7066.jpg

DSCF7068.jpg

DSCF7069.jpg

I am thinking of making the wrists twistable.
dscf7060w.jpg

I can do this simply by making a tight fitting tube system.
armtwist.jpg

This way I can pose him slightly different whenever i want. maybe even put a rubiks cube or something in his hand.

Wow! It's incredible how dead on this looks. Great job. You're really capturing his personality.

Keep going!

-Nick

Thanks.
We had a huge storm today, lots of electricity in the air, so we got the balloons out and had fun sticking them on the ceiling. Wall-e was fascinated by the ballons.
DSCF7063.jpg

DSCF7073.jpg

DSCF7074.jpg

After doing this with wall-e I have definately decided to make his wrist twistable. I may even try and make his neck move. It is just so much fun being able to pose him.

I have also decided to start saving up for the EZ-robot kit, that way I can make the eyes move.

Last edited:

Thank you.
Today I worked on the back of the head. And also got the skeleton of the neck finished.
DSCF7077.jpg

DSCF7079.jpg

The head is fixed on to the neck now. It can move a little, next I need to cover and skin the neck.
DSCF7083.jpg

Thanks. I am now busy working on the tracks for Wall-e. This is proving harder then I would like. Mainly because I am very low on foam. I am having to use every little scrap I have kept. Kinda sucks when you can't even afford $15 for some foam lol. Oh well.
Not sure how I am going to build the skeleton structure. The cosmetic foam pieces will be now problem (as long as I have enough scraps).
Here is what I have so far. This is one complete track all ready to be installed.
First I had to measure out the shape of the track system. This was tricking I had to measure the tracks on a picture and work out the difference in size to the rest of wall-e in the picture then transfer those measurements to the lifesize wall-e I am building and go from there. It was kinda fun. Then I cut individual track pieces and layed them out around the template to see how many I would need.
dscf7086n.jpg

By familyman1312

Then I set about glueing the track pieces together.
dscf7089z.jpg

By familyman1312

Once dried I curved the track a little just to see how it looked. I am happy with the over all look of it.
dscf7090.jpg

By familyman1312

Re: Foam WALL-E. Working on tracks.

Your creativity never fails to inspire.

Have you thought about putting together a book? Cut patterns, step-by-step instructions, in-progress and project completion photos, etc.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Heres a great tip for people, NEVER!! throw little scrap pieces of foam away. You never know when you might need just a little piece.
If it wasn't for all the small pieces I have kept I wouldn't be able to do the second track until I got more foam (which could be a month).
Here can see some of the scrap pieces I have kept, and I was able to make another 47 track pieces, Just enough for the second track.
dscf7091u.jpg

By familyman1312

Here are Wall-es tracks already for fitting.... Now I just need to build the rest of the wheel/track system.
dscf7092r.jpg

dscf7093i.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back