Foam MK3 Iron Man For Halloween

Barcrest

Thought I would post a pic of my completed costume, thanks to everyone on this forum.

Had a blast wearing it, I ended up not completly finishing it but I managed to come 2nd in the competition and I had a great time. The costume is now quite a bit worse for wear as it rained on the way home and as I feared PVA glue is not a good sealant lol. Wish I had the unfolds for the extra thigh pieces as you can see there was quite a gap, i just ended up pulling the thighs up and attaching them to the pods on the side of the cod.

I really do not reommend sticky velcro, it doesn't hold well and came unstuck. If i did it again I would use poppers on webbing and hot glue the webbing to the foam for a more durable solution.

Now I need to decide if I want to re-paint this one or make one out of a more resiliant material like fibre glass. :love

really, from all the iron man builds you couldve commented with this rather pointless comment, you dug up one from last year?

good job

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back