Foam God of War - Chaos Blades SKS Props Updated 7/2/18

SKS Props

Sr Member
GoW Chaos Blades - Hey everyone another foam build on the way. This time I'm recreating the Chaos Blades from the original God of War video game. I tried to scale them to the size I saw fit. There are several toys and replicas folks that have made but I thought they were a little to small (19-20"), I drew mine out to be around 24" from tip to tip. Once I had my templates on Bristol board I transferred that to my 1" thick foam from TNT Cosplay Supply. The middle section was cut out of thinner foam and glued on top.

xZRd3Osh.jpg

Using a belt sander and dremel I shaped the curves of the blade and beveled the cutting edges. I applied super glue to the outer most tips of the blades to give them some durability that way the foam won't distort or crush.

Ul5Y3KQh.jpg

sKeag8Ah.jpg

Last edited:
Re: God of War - Chaos Blades SKS Props Updated 6/1/18

God of War Chaos Blades - Photo dump of the progress. These are made entirely out of foam from TNT Cosplay Supply ( except the tubes for the handles )

S5nVihJh.jpg

3DJUfCdh.jpg

AbNig94h.jpg

1xP6iYth.jpg

7JpgzGuh.jpg

9pzZQIuh.jpg

LahquUGh.jpg

ewK7LFbh.jpg

eEm3YxDh.jpg

yTEie7Ih.jpg

u6L5YKlh.jpg

tCKjOEuh.jpg

Dp8fZH7h.jpg

Attachments

• 3DJUfCdh.jpg
    3DJUfCdh.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 162
Re: God of War - Chaos Blades SKS Props Updated 6/4/18

God of War Chaos Blades - All of the detailing has been done by heating up tin foil and embossing the surface and battle damaging it with a Dremel. Plasti Dip was applied in two coats and these blades are ready for a killer paint job!

Working on editing the build video it will be up at www.youtube.com/sksprops once it's complete

yD9Qx2rh.jpg

jBqbeROh.jpg

BzOzoQTh.jpg

uyIMOjah.jpg

Last edited:
Re: God of War - Chaos Blades SKS Props Updated 6/6/18

You guys make working with foam look sooo easy. Excellent build!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back