Foam Gauntlets

Mikey1

Hello. Just thought I'd show my latest efforts which are a pair of bracers that will form the aemour part of my wristblade and computer gauntlets. They are made of foam mat, I managed to get a number of cheap yoga mats from a local pound store. Using a paper template made to fit my forearm I cut the basic shapes and detailed them using foamies. I used cardboard to make the mounting area's for the blade housing and computer unit. Hot glue was used through out. I plan to coat them in latex to add strength to the foam and help the fix the detailing in place. Now for some pics. Please let me know what you think, suggestions are most welcome.
Gaunts1.jpg

gaunts3.jpg

Gaunts2.jpg

I think they look outstanding bro! way to go, I did mine sort of the same way but the base was plastic, yours look fantastic though very clean build!

Nicely done. If you paint them up -- and especially if you latex them -- nobody will ever know they're foam. They're probably nice and light weight, too, unlike something that's been cast in resin.

Thanks guys. They are very light and comfortable to wear. The foam is flexible enough that they just slip on and off easily, something that I hope latex won't affect too much. Never used it before so don't know how it dries. I'll keep keep ya'll posted as they progress. :)

If your going to Latex them make sure you put them on something to keep the shape or it will cause it to shrink/warp. But ya very clean looking guants.

Thanks for the tip, Strigoi. I was planning on making a pair of plaster casts of my hands to make skin/gloves. If i do them with the forearm then they could serve a double purpose. Could be interesting! :)

Wow... those look really great. Sounds like you had some cogs going up in your melon when you were thinking these beauties up.

thats cool man really impressive for faomies,but if your gonna go throught the trouble of casting your hands you might as well cast the gaunts by painting in a certain resin (not sure what type i could find out later)on them then cast em in latex and they will be solid yet flexable just another option to think about,a bonus you could cast multiple gaunts sets and sell or give em away

I think they look great too. :)

My only sugestion is to make sure that you have enough rooom for you skin's arms if your going to go that route. There would need to be room to fit the skin in the gauntet when your wearing it.

they look outstanding dude....and as other people are saying about the weight issue

i have resin gauntlets and they do weigh abit

great work

for some reason it looks like a starwars storm troopers bracer, maybe because the colour effect, anyways, it looks awesome and can't wait to see it finish

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back