Foam Build Questions

So I am going to be attempting my first foam armor build and I wanted to ask a few questions before I royally goof up...

First what is the best adhesive to use?

Second where is the best place to buy the foam mats?
I've found walmart sells them for about 15 bucks for
16 square feet, is that decent or can a better price
be had?

I am sure I will have more as time goes along but this will get
me started.

Thanks

Hot glue
Walmart is the best place to get it local thats what i use or you could do the online thing !!
I buy it in a roll for about $25
That's the best advice I could give you Maybe another member has some input

First what is the best adhesive to use?

Most people use a hot glue gun. I hear high temp works better.

Second where is the best place to buy the foam mats?
I've found walmart sells them for about 15 bucks for
16 square feet, is that decent or can a better price
be had?

Thanks

After I finish this current suit, I wanted to try foam. I hear that army surplus storefronts online have foam mats (about 4 rolls for $42). I'm going to try that. However that's American. But most foam mat's I've seen are around $15. But a helpful friend said they seen some for me in a thift/salvation army store.

Hot glue
Walmart is the best place to get it local thats what i use or you could do the online thing !!
I buy it in a roll for about $25
That's the best advice I could give you Maybe another member has some input
A roll? Are you buying a camping mat?
Can you provide a link to what you are using please?

if you use the .5 inch sheets,.. and you live where theres a Harbor Freight,.. its the best price walmart is generally 15-20 for 16sq feet,... HF is 9.99 for that same 16sq feet. its cheaper for me to buy from there locally then to order from 98% of the places online

the brand name your looking for is "BEST STEP". my local warmarts dont carry either the roll or the tiles, so i get the tiles at home-depo for $17 and the rolls from sears for $23 just make sure you order 3 at a time so you get free shipping. as mentioned you can also get it at harbor freight but i havent had any luck there yet finding them.

high temp hot glue works best, just spread it across evenly so it cools faster.

Best Step Antifatigue Foam Floor Mat - Black - Tools - Garage Organization & Shelving - Garage Flooring

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back