foam Anubis Headdress.

familyman

Sr Member
After the success of my foam Horus Headdress from SG-1 http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-jaffa-horus-guard-headdress-178042/ I was asked if I would do a commission build for someone here. I spent the whole morning making templates for the head and then started building.

Here is the first pics of the template I made.
dscf3215.JPG

dscf3220f.jpg

I cut some detail lines into the template so I can both side exactly the same.
dscf3217n.jpg

dscf3221a.JPG

dscf3222n.jpg

Next I made the template for the top of the head and nose area, (no pics sorry).

Then I had to make the pointy ears. this was very difficult because of how thin the foam has to be right at the tip of the ears. But I think I managed to get it good enough.
dscf3224u.jpg

dscf3225.jpg

In order to see how it would look, I got my foam Hours headdress
dscf3227h.jpg

And placed the Anubis one on top, it will obviously look better when it is on top of its own neck piece.
dscf3230.jpg

dscf3229dk.jpg

Here is some of the detailing done on the head.
dscf3232h.jpg

It still needs some work and some cleaning up, but I like it. Hopefully I will get some feedback soon from the potential buyer.

Last edited:
The ears in the last few pictures looked to be the wrong angle, this was mainly due to the fact they are the heaviest part and were forcing the foam head to not keep its shape, I have strengthern the head a little to show the ears correct angle. Once the head is finished it will keep its propper shape.
dscf3238s.jpg

This is looking Awesome! I've been wanting to make this costume for a while now and just stumbled upon this from your post on facebook of the Horus Jaffa headdress. Do you have any templates for this costume? I've never worked with foam before, this last Halloween I made my first pepakura shredder costume. so this is all kinda new to me. Keep up the awesome work.

Any help or advice I can give, I will gladly.

I have spent the past 4 hours working on this build this morning. Here is what I have now.
dscf3296x.jpg

dscf3297w.jpg

dscf3298t.jpg

dscf3300q.jpg

dscf3301b.jpg

Do you have the template designs and measurements for this headdress? This is my first time building armor and I have no clue where to begin. Thanks! It looks incredible!

wow i have been thinking about doing this myself. Loving the detail you are doing, crisp! keep it up mate cannot wait to see how the finished project will look!

Thanks guys for all the great compliments. I will updating this thread tonight with more pictures. If anyone is interested in one, please PM me I am always looking for work. Thanks again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back