foam Anubis Headdress.

Here are the decorative fan parts that go at the side of the neck.
20130522_103202.jpg

I have done a similar build and used a led pencil to score them in then went over it with a soldering iron/wood working tool but only to make them evident as ill be painting mine in plastic

Can I ask what you used to score the pattern lines onto the foam with?

Sorry I havent replied sooner, I just use a pencil, don't do it too heavy or you will tear the foam and it will look ugly. Draw the lines on, then go over them again a little heavier and repeat 2-3 times. You want to score the lines enough that over time the foam wont just expand and make the lines dissapear. You also want the lines to be deep enough that when painting the paint doesn't cover and fill in the lines. Hope this helps.

My next cheeky question to Familyman is.....will you be publishing the templates as jpegs or pdfs? I made a Anubis head from the Pep file but it doesn't look right. I'd be very grateful if you can. :)

this is awesome please tell me you have templates you can are will to share. i so wanted to make these since the first film. again these are great

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back