FM Millennium Falcon 1/72

The problem with RPF is that people are WAY TOO TALENTED!

My FM Falcon is still in the box because I know I will never be able to make it look that nice. Super job merseajohn!

As I have said on another site, this Falcon is definitely the best that I have ever seen, MJ has mastered the skill, his painting & weathering are amazing.....if you make your way over to scalemodeladdict.com you'll see some of his work there.

J

The problem with RPF is that people are WAY TOO TALENTED!

My FM Falcon is still in the box because I know I will never be able to make it look that nice. Super job merseajohn!

Don't think that. 9 times out of 10 it is our own mind that puts up the roadblocks. Sometimes starting the project is enough to get us to push through the doubt. Yes I know, doing a kit that costs a hefty three figures means the fear factor goes up. But you can always try a couple techniques on a less expensive model first before risking the expensive one.

Just go ahead and do it. I think you'll pleasantly surprise yourself.

9 times out of 10 it is our own mind that puts up the roadblocks.
Absolutely. In my younger days I did things with model kits simply because it never occurred to me that I couldn't; if I tried to do those things today I'd look at it and "know" I'd screw it up somehow. :lol

However, with age comes perspective. I have no problems with assembling a kit, but I know for a fact my current painting skills aren't up to the task of completing my Fine Molds Millennium Falcon equal to what I envision in my mind. The day will come, but it's not here yet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back