Flux Capacitor Question

KMG79

I apologize in advance, I’m sure there are numerous threads about the Flux Capacitor. But I have questions regarding the lights. I know a lot of people use the Arduino, but I’m electronically inclined. I don’t think I would be able to figure that out. I’m looking for other options that I can handle. I’ve seen people use wire lights (fairy lights) but the sequence is all off. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply. Might be a little more than I wanted to spend. I didn’t know if I could find lights that flashed, or flashed in a pattern, without going the Arduino route. Wish I was a little more handy. I’m confident I can make the whole thing, it’s just these darn lights holding me back.

The real thing uses a chaser pattern, as I'm sure you know. However, it is so fast that it almost looks like plain flickering. One option might be to buy a bunch of flickering LEDs (they flicker by themselves), maybe four or five per 'spoke', and run them from whatever power source you prefer (USB?). You'd get random flickering but I think the effect would be pretty good for a first attempt. You can always replace them one day. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, you can buy chaser LED kits on the Bay for a couple bucks each. They usually come with red LEDs, so you'd need to buy white ones and fit those instead. Then there's a hack you can do to run three of the kits together, so they chase in time, one kit for each spoke in the flux capacitor.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back