Limited Run Red TROS Version Floating Jedi Training Remote Limited Edition

I have been too scared to test how long the battery backup will last. Maybe I'll do that on a new ball that I haven't built yet. that way there's nothing on it to break.

View attachment 1001922

View attachment 964942 View attachment 964944View attachment 964943

Hey guys, I'm very excited to offer my floating Marksman-H combat training remote (Jedi Training Remote) for $629 USD + shipping each.
See here for price change information. Limited Run - Floating Marksman-H Jedi Training Remote
Each one is hand made to order and comes fully finished with a magnetic base. Not only are these extremely accurate, and even more accurate than the Master Replicas version, but they actually levitate. The remote itself lights up without any batteries. Please note that this is a very limited edition. I do not know how many I will do, but I won't be taking any pre-payments, deposits, or anything that makes me feel like I have to hurry to get them done.

Instead, I'm doing a waiting list here so that people are not fighting over them like when I was listing them one at a time on Etsy.
I'm working down the list at a good pace but the list is still growing so if you want an idea on how long it could be before I get to you, just estimate that each one above your name will take 2 weeks, with maybe a break in between builds here and there. It will most likely happen a bit faster than that but that should give you a safe estimate of how long you might be waiting. When I get to your name, I'll take payment and make it specially for you just like I have been, asking you questions, getting your preferences and feedback, sending you progress pictures of your build, etc. I will continue making these as long as it is enjoyable for me so as the list gets longer and longer, I cannot guarantee that everyone will get one. I'm just making sure you all know that ahead of time.

I'll take names down in the order that you post interest in this thread. Of course I understand that things happen so if you need to back out, please let me know. Make sure you have notifications turned on in your account settings up so that when I PM you, you get an alert. I've had members miss their chance because they didn't monitor the forums very often and didn't have notifications turned on.

!INTERNATIONAL BUYERS!
I have decided to allow international orders under certain conditions. For those of you outside the US please understand that while the power adapters is variable voltage and should work just fine with just a simple plug adapter, I cannot guarantee that it will work 100% for everyone in all countries. If you are outside the US, joining the waiting list means you accept full responsibility for any compatibility issues, and willingly pay for all shipping, VAT, and customs fees. I will not lie on customs forms to reduce the value of the item or split it up into small payments so please don't ask. Being truthful on the declaration form is for my protection as much as it is for yours in the event your shipment is lost or damaged and I have been burned quite badly in the past for doing that. I do not wish to go through that again. I understand that customs fees in some countries are outrageous but that is something that needs to be taken into account as part of cost when purchasing overseas.

If you purchase a remote from me, I highly recommend investing in a Battery backup in the event of a power outage. Here's a link to a cheap / decent UPS.
Amazon Battery Backup

Original thread here
Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

Thanks!

001 - Delivered
002 - Delivered
003 - Delivered
004 - Delivered
005 - Delivered
006 - Delivered
007 - Delivered
008 - glottis - Delivered
009 - Edraven99 - Delivered
010 - refugee - Delivered
011 - rockbottom - Delivered
012 - enaswede - Delivered
013 - Panaflex - Delivered
014 - Metz - Delivered
015 - Sanjuro40 - Delivered
016 - Marv - Delivered
017 - abastiensharp - Delivered
018 - MakBzh - Delivered
019 - treansorturi - Delivered
020 - corliss1 - Delivered
021 - ronwlim - Delivered
022 - Pfockerchief - Delivered
023- MANDINGALOW - Delivered
024 - xwingercrash - Delivered
025 - jedicri - Delivered
026 - tomm1999 - Delivered
027 - jterrance10 - Delivered
028 - Mpops89 - Delivered
029 - ataru72ita - Delivered
030 - Erim3224 - Delivered
031 - Fekali - Delivered
032 - bluecoyote - Delivered
033 - R2trooper - Delivered
034 - HB1098S - Delivered
035 - djcbooks81 - Delivered
036 - KevinHotchkiss - Delivered
037 - clmayfield - Delivered
038 - Petowalker - Delivered
039 - Nasedo - Delivered
040 - ReadyPlayer25 - Delivered
041 - CalamitysChild - Delivered
042 - bill fimm - Delivered
043 - zjunlimited - Delivered
044 - jazar - Delivered
045 - nicktheguy - Delivered
046 - Fusion - Delivered
047 - chrisnielsen - Delivered
048 - MacCyber - Delivered
049 - Johnnyfl - Delivered
050 - Markgarcia10 - Delivered
051 - cyberblock - Delivered
052- Scimitar - Delivered
053 - Dao2 - Delivered
054 - Noir1990 - Delivered
055 - Kevin1701 - Delivered
056 - dandirk - Delivered
057 - GT37 - Delivered
058 - kitjunky - Delivered
059 - SloppyGhost - Delivered
060 - StarWarrior - Delivered
061 - Darth Ryo - Delivered
062 - Jediwannabe - Delivered
063 - totoffe17 - Delivered
064 - juajn7fernandez - Delivered
065 - TheKorr - Delivered
066 - Glen duchacek - Delivered
067 - DorkDaddy - Delivered
068 - Scruffylooking - Delivered
069 - jcr - Delivered
070 - FuzzyWampa - Delivered
071 - RogueFive - Delivered
072 - Sherman Archibald - Delivered
073 - Kevlegs - Delivered
074- Kwiatkma - Delivered
075 - the Pawn - Delivered
076 - balthazar5050 - Delivered
077 - DarthWilder - Delivered
078 - fonzie22 - Delivered
079 - bountyblaster - Delivered
080 - keyser soze - Delivered
081 - snedders1 - Delivered
082 - MalusRosa - Delivered
083 - glottis - Delivered
084 - Matt009 - Delivered
085 - FuseNova - Delivered
---------
086 - Chris Rice- Paid
087 - Ghost1 - Paid
088 - ventuoguy - Paid
089 - Millennial Ren - Contacted
090 - Awwchit - Contacted
091 - kjkelley - Link Sent
---------
092 - Punisher96 - September
093 - JediJohn182 - Mid September
094 - Cameron Ross - Fall
095 - Adam Gelbard - October
096 jmh20000 - October
097 - Doozer27 - Mid October
098 - mikid - October
099 - Milo Talon
100 - lmc3
101 - Rafite
102 - vaderperp
103 - sdhlaw1701
104 - gschram92
105 - droid747
106 - goldcylon
107 - jbarela
108 - Lord Veltor
109 - OddballFett
110 - BorgHive
111 - Hawk4013
112- KT102

#85 arrived and WOW, very impressive work TT! Communication, packaging, and detail are top notch!

Now if you could just come up with a tiny airbag in the event of an extended power outage while I'm away!
Yup, like trent said he was talking to me about the battery back up last night. Great little safety investment!
Mine’s been on battery backup (the one recommended) from day 1 and all is good. Granted we don’t get power outages or surges that frequently but better safe then sorry.

OK so I just tested it and can confirm that the UPS listed in the first post of this thread will give you 3 full hours (and 2 minutes lol) of battery backup power. Of course if you have other things running off of it, that will decrease, but for the remote alone, you get 3 hours. The good news is any power cut that is shorter than 3 hours, it'll kick back on and recharge while continuing to run. If the outage is long enough that you let the battery deplete, you will have to manually reset it and let it charge back up for 8 hours before plugging in the remote again.

NOTES ON WEATHERING OPTIONS. I'm also putting this in the first post for easy location.
I've had several people ask me what the differences are between my "Prop/exhibit accurate" and "Film accurate" options.
For the most part I weather them exactly the same. The ONLY difference is what I use to trace the rectangles, sets of three trapezoids, and laser areas. The real prop has pencil lines tracing these. It appears to have been done to help bring out the edges and details since those pieces are all very similar color. Evidence suggests it was not simply done during assembly to mark where the pieces should go, it was obviously put there AFTER it was assembled. It really does help bring out those details.

Option A is that I do the same thing they did. Pencil. It'll look like the prop does now while on display at an exhibit.

Option B is that instead of pencil, I use a fine tip chrome pen. While less accurate in terms of prop construction, it gives it a much more accurate APPEARANCE to what you remember seeing on film. Here's why. When under extremely bright such as that of studio lights during filming, pencil lead has a silver, metallic, reflective quality to it. Normal everyday home lighting is not bright enough to cause that effect. Using the chrome pen effectively reproduces that metallic sheen seen on the movie but under normal home lighting.
For example,
See here in this screenshot from the movie how the border around the rectangle and laser area has a metallic looking reflection. That's the pencil lead under very bright lights.
1565871119807.png

This is the EXACT SAME area of the prop as it appears in real life while on display at an exhibit

1565871283668.png

So basically, if you want it "prop" accurate, meaning you want it built as close to the real prop as possible, I can use pencil. If you want it to have that metallic sheen like you see on the movie but in person, I can use the chrome pen. FYI the chrome pen / Film accurate option is by far the most popular by previous members. I already make some concessions for accuracy in lieu of ease of assembly, and having a more professional looking finish (I don't hand paint the red areas with a sloppy paint job, and it lights up and floats... all of which is not technically accurate) so this option has typically been well received.

compare-jpg.jpg

Thanks!

Ahem...
I'm just gonna put this right here in case anyone is interested ;)
1566823944480.png

Who's gonna be the first to request this paint scheme?

Last edited:
Dang it’s nice, can’t wait to see it up close in the visual directory out a few days before movie. Still getting original when I’m up mid September, but would probably add this at later date if you were still doing them. Hope it has a relatively long amount of screen time, as the original

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back