Flexible urethane foam for head cowl

Lycanthrope 13

Ok,I'm new here. So hello everyone. I've been making props and foam latex appliances for several years on a small scale for myself and a friend, mostly for Halloween and for horror cons. I really wanna make a fat suit. And my question is. Can I use.... And I'm not 100% sure of the actual name of the product, ... Variable flexible foam 266. From bity mold supply, for a head cowl?, I'll probably skin it in latex, . For me it's more economical than foam latex and since it's a head and neck it won't require much movement. Just wonder if anyone has used it for this application... Pros and cons, better alternatives,(other than the obvious.. Foam latex) also, since it's expanding foam and over never worked with flexible foam, do I need a vent home in the mold? ( I'd probably have to place it below the neck line in the back so the imperfection will be hidden with a costume)love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks

You could use it, but it will be heavier than foam latex and will tear more easily.
Take in account most foams expand fast so pouring it with the mold open and then closing it might be risky. You would need a pouring hole wide enough for the foam to flow in, or you could try injecting it, which is not easy (you will need to build a giant syringe of some kind).
If you try pouring it with the mold open and then closing it (without pouring hole) you would need a vent hole at least. The expansion in a totally closed mold will result in a stiffer foam, higher density than in an open mold.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back