FLCL - Haruko's Vespa SS 180 Scooter

I'm loving this vespa, and the fact you are getting the bass done as well, damn

Also as soon as i clicked on this thread, the FLCL soundtrack got put on and i grabbed my DVDs, know what im doing the rest of the day :D

Heeeeeere we go!

iytVxJQ.jpg

What's this? Finally doing something we promised to do like three years ago?

Yep.

UP5JuMj.jpg

Yeah, she's had the costume for about a year now, but either the bike hasn't been running or she was working on other costumes, we just never got the two together until last night. Slackers!

NFg7hHz.jpg

The license plate is such a small detail that no one really notices it, but I carefully researched all of the scooter registration markings and r/Japan helped me get the kanji on the insurance tag juuuuust right. It's probably the detail I'm most proud of, but people just assume it's real so they rarely ever comment.

5C71UBu.jpg

Yes, the guitar is on our to-do list. I'm about a month away from having it done. My wife made this costume from scratch, including the gloves. I think the only pieces that are in their original state are the pants and the undershirt. Her cuff is made of foam, but since we're doing the actual scooter, the actual guitar, the actual everything, I'm looking into having one milled out of aluminum. Mostly I just want to *hear* that "clink" as she moves her wrist, ha!

vtz0oCV.jpg

These photos were taken out near Denver International Airport, where blooming sunflower fields stretch for miles every August, and late afternoon thunderstorms make for unbelievable sunsets.

See more at http://www.coloradomoviecars.com

Visit her cosplay page at http://www.facebook.com/ifria

Finally digging into the guitar.

Astonishingly, the size I chose for the fan shroud pretty much exactly fits your average spring coil starter for a lawnmower. It's amazing.
pribnV0.jpg

The cringeworthy point of no return.
Ot1koDc.jpg

Hard to really see here, but we'll send the router through one more pass making the hole slightly deeper and wider and the spring coil and pulley should fit perfectly.
2HAfbhF.jpg

It isn't gonna go RRRRRRNNNNGGGGHHH when she pulls it, but it will spin up the fan blades and the pulley will return the cord automatically. Excitement!!!

Stunning photos! I can't wait to see the guitar once finished :)

It's been the missing piece of the puzzle for too long. I can't post a picture of the scooter without the first comment being something like "Where's the guitar?" So once I have that done, I'll be going all-out with photo shoots of the Vespa. My wife is already working on her second Haruko outfit, hopefully this triggers enough enthusiasm to get some cool groups together!

This looks incredible! 2 questions:

Are you guys gonna be at DCC this year, rocking the FLCL?
What's the status on the Rickenbacher? I can't wait to see the finished product :D

Keep up the great work

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back