First write-up need feedback fall out 3 nuka cola

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by downtimeprops, Aug 3, 2015.

1. downtimeprops

downtimeprops New Member

Hello everyone,
    I am still extremely new at prop making, but am having a ton of fun building this stuff. I just completed my first write-up and was wondering if someone with experience in this stuff could give me some constructive criticism please. I think it's ok but I was never that great at getting ideas to paper. (I was a math and science guy) ANY advice from experienced people would be greatly appreciated that way I could make adjustments now, because once I'm set in my ways its hard for me to change. Thank you in advanced and please excuse the website I'm still building it.
    You can view it here http://downtimeprops.com/nuka-cola-bookend/

2. dhunpael

dhunpael Active Member

Awesome build :) very good idea

3. Gixxerfool

Gixxerfool Well-Known Member

Great project and the write is well done too. I would recommend rotating the last few pics to proper orientation though.

4. WardWorks

WardWorks New Member

Great build and very good tutorial.

I would put a gradient on the left side of your 'finished' pic and add text with the tutorial name. That picture is the first thing people will see, with a title you'll key people in quicker.
    Embed your youtube video closer to or at the top. People like videos more than pictures.
    Add a material list to the beginning so I have an idea of cost/time/etc.

5. downtimeprops

downtimeprops New Member

It was a little late by the time I wrote this write up, but I learned a lot from this one. I know now what to do and how to take pictures for the next one.

6. downtimeprops

downtimeprops New Member

@ WardWorks Thank you for your tips I am definitely going to take your advice on my next write up.