First Vader suit (noob)

Calin

Hey guys,
I've been watching SW for a long time and always wanted a Vader ROTJ or ROTS suit, so I think it's time. I never owned one before because I want a movie accurate costume, not cheap crap you can buy for 30$. I'd also like to get the real height of Vader (2.02m) like they did with Hayden Christensen's Episode III suit. I don't know where to start or what I need to buy and from where, can you please give me some beginner advice?
Thanks.

Calin. Most suits like this are built. You might seek out the Sith Lord detachment of the 501st. There is a company called Anovos that is working on providing a complete costume too. Happy researching.

Hey guys,
I've been watching SW for a long time and always wanted a Vader ROTJ or ROTS suit, so I think it's time. I never owned one before because I want a movie accurate costume, not cheap crap you can buy for 30$. I'd also like to get the real height of Vader (2.02m) like they did with Hayden Christensen's Episode III suit. I don't know where to start or what I need to buy and from where, can you please give me some beginner advice?
Thanks.

I agree with you heading over to the SLD. forum.501stsithlords.com

A built vader will cost you between $2000-$3000 depending on which parts you get. you can get it a little cheaper but you sacrifice some of the accuracy.

If you go with the ANOVOS offering which isn't out yet, there is no guarantee it will be a Vader that is specific to a film but rather a semi overall vader with some things from different movies, but most closely being an ESB Vader. The draw back is you will be paying for a licensed, high end costume, which means the price tag is much higher ($5780 for a leather suit, $2780 for a pleather suit).

If you don't want the hassle of putting together all the different vendors and figuring out who sells what and what is accurate, send me a PM. I have a few options you might be interested in.

I agree with you heading over to the SLD. forum.501stsithlords.com

A built vader will cost you between $2000-$3000 depending on which parts you get. you can get it a little cheaper but you sacrifice some of the accuracy.

If you go with the ANOVOS offering which isn't out yet, there is no guarantee it will be a Vader that is specific to a film but rather a semi overall vader with some things from different movies, but most closely being an ESB Vader. The draw back is you will be paying for a licensed, high end costume, which means the price tag is much higher ($5780 for a leather suit, $2780 for a pleather suit).

If you don't want the hassle of putting together all the different vendors and figuring out who sells what and what is accurate, send me a PM. I have a few options you might be interested in.

Well, obviously I can't spend 5000$ at once so I want to buy parts slowly as time goes on, like I'm doing with my 5000$ PC. It doesn't matter to me if I have to buy from more vendors or if some things are from different movies, I just want them to be accurate to one movie (except ANH) Thank you for your answer, BTW.

Even back in 1978, Vader costumes were not cheap.

11024200_653862511406157_8435000680342997478_o.jpg

There are several MR ROTS helmets for sale at the SLD if I'm not mistaken ... though those are not cheap I must add :wacko

Chaim

Depends on what you want it for. Yes, if you want screen-accurate or 501st, it'll cost you $3-$5k. I went the cheap route for a man-cave display and I love it (especially for the price). I ended up paying around $750 total by starting with a Rubies and swapping out the helmet, armor, and shins.

image.jpg

Here's my Darth 'Ugly' Vader ESB mix with ROTS for the very first time at a dutch comic con this spring . . .

it's close to $2000 in parts, yet not taking in account the very many hours I spend on making some parts myself ... or the costs for shipping and 21% VAT customs and fees, and since some parts did not fit my customer properly I now have almost 2 Darth Vader costumes for the price of one high end :) ... still need a good helmet and cape and robe set to finish though ... so I'm not done spending good cash yet ;)

Chaim

Here's my Darth 'Ugly' Vader ESB mix with ROTS for the very first time at a dutch comic con this spring . . .

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/Darth Ugly Vader Stripdagen_zpssh7vnbk5.jpg

it's close to $2000 in parts, yet not taking in account the very many hours I spend on making some parts myself ... or the costs for shipping and 21% VAT customs and fees, and since some parts did not fit my customer properly I now have almost 2 Darth Vader costumes for the price of one high end :) ... still need a good helmet and cape and robe set to finish though ... so I'm not done spending good cash yet ;)

Chaim

Turned out really great Chaim :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back