First take at Predator Skin

BurnEm

Hello lair,
To begin before I post a picture of my take at a Predator I would like to thank all the valuable info here on the lair. For the past 3 or 4 years I always thought it would be cool to be a predator for Halloween, and such. But after looking on ebay and seeing the prices of suit's like many people on here I gave up, until about 3 months ago I found this website here. I used the MacGuyver guide to making my first skin. I know it's not movie accurate, and no where near as good as some people's on here but this is my first take on it. I had alot of fun with making the skin, gives you a very artistic feeling. I cannot wait to finish the whole outfit now. I forgot to take pictures during the making of the steps, I would of loved to show you step by step of this but o well. Also the suit is not zipped up in the back that is why you can see my shirt in the picture. You guys are right the suits are super hot. Hope you enjoy and thanks again for all the valuable information.
Thanks, Burn Em
IMG_0022.jpg

pred.jpg

Wow man, killer paint up on that skin. If I had to throw one suggestion out to you, if you're still doing the skin, maybe try working on the upper "breast" portions & giving a line up the sides, to give it just a tad more definition. Spots, color scheme, everything else - Perfect. A great skin & very very nice job, first time or not. Get your armor, hands, feet, Bio & Mask & you're all set, Burn 'em.

Very nice job - 10/10.

Thanks man I was having difficulties with the upper breast area trying to make it more predator like, and I did some line patterns on the back that look really cool, but had problems with the sides I couldn't get it blended the right way so I gave up I might go back. Any suggestions for building up the upper area? Also like you said not bad for a first time skin. Although I will admit that I totally spaced on mixing the paint with pros-aid so I did about 7 layers of perma wet in hopes to keep the paint from massively chipping off, so far so good. Live and learn though.

One of the things McGuyver did in his Tutorial, was before he painted, he used what looked like pieces of foam, or cotton, to give padding to the musculature of the abbs & breasts. Maybe what you could do is lay down something similar with some paint already on it, try to blend it in a little & then add another layer of Perma-wet? Now listen, I'm no expert, and haven't even started my own skin yet, so don't take what I say with any real grain of salt, I'm just throwing suggestions out. I would suggest Lee or one of the more experienced Skin fabricators put their 2¢ in before you start anything.

Having that perma-wet on usually means the skin is finished & that's it. You might be able to get it off, but I would wait until one of the board vets here, inserts some real sage advice, before I end up costing you some real money. As far as paint goes, not a whole lot more you can really do... I suggest going across & up from the bottom of the upper breast portions before your spot pattern starts. Also one thing to remember - when that suit is really done, you'll have things like netting, Armor, Dreads & a whole lot of other stuff going on so no one will really give a toss about the paint unless they're some sort of super costume inspector that has nothing to do but insult awesome costumes. Looking good, keep up the great work, this is a suit I will watch with great interest.

Very nice set of skins dude, I would suggest cutting some length off the bottoms of the sleeves and leg so they don't get bunched up like they are in the picture. But with armor and everything else on they will look great.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back