First Spider-Man Suit Build

Zook4214

Hey WebHeads!

Ever since I started cosplaying as Spider-Man I have wanted to make a suit by hand. Then about a month ago I finished reading Ultimate Spider-Man. It was really good and I decided to design a suit that I am going to start working on it once all of the materials for this build get here. I already printed McLean's Ultimate Spider_man pattern onto cardstock, taped it all together and cut each piece out. Next, I will have to trace it onto the fabric which is going to be the classic red and blue. I already have the fabric. Here is an image of what fabrics I will be using from fabric wholesale direct.

Here is the design of the suit I will be making. I drew it myself with my drawing monitor.

It's a pretty basic design. I was inspired by ITSV, Ultimate Spider-Man, and the advanced suit from Spider-Man PS4.

I already made the web shooters. (2 pairs actually). One pair will be connected to the suit, and the other onto these wrist bands(for a casual spidey/peter cosplay)

The web shooters were designed by me and then printed on my Creality CR-10. I used PETG as it's more durable and heat resistant than PLA.

I have ordered liquid latex to mix with puff paint for the texture on the suit. Along with magnets for the web wings, kung fu shoes, neoprene foam for the spiders and a built-in dance belt sort of thing. I also ordered applicator bottles and tips. I will be going for an ASM 1 sort of look fabric wise. I just think the leather-ish look is so sleek and stealthy.

I have a sewing machine which I will be using, I know that I need to baste before I actually put the suit together.

I still am a little confused on how to install invisible zippers, but I can figure it out with a few tests.

I found lenses for about 15$ on AliExpress

I will have to take them off of this mask but that's not much of a problem. You can use a thin layer of dish soap on the inside of the lenses to prevent fogging.
I am going to try to layer fabric with some acrylic paint or something similar so I don't have to use a face shell. I just want to be able to eat a quick snack without having to realign my lenses every time.

I will be adding web wings with magnets (so they are detachable) and painting them so they're not just plain white. I will also puff paint a web pattern on them.

I got that idea from Iracel on the RPF, his builds inspired me to start this project.

I should be starting this build near the end of this month (July) and I will try my best to keep this thread updated.

Any tips or ideas will be appreciated.

Alright, I started tracing about 4 days ago
1563670642470.png

1563670684233.png

Then I started sewing it up(and its my first sewing project so it is not perfect)

1563670744102.png

by far my least favorite part was sewing the hands

1563670791591.png

the mask was pretty straight forward

1563670821276.png

I cut the lenses off of that cheap mask and glued them on

1563670851480.png

1563670862804.png

So here is where we are at right now

1563670901290.png

1563670924195.png

1563670944650.png

the mask is also able to be pulled up like in the comics(idk how but it does)

1563670975651.png

I also made the webshooters for a casual cosplay

1563671108567.png

and heres the casual cosplay

1563671132146.png

1563671143769.png

I think it is pretty good sooo far

Hey!!!! It looks like that you made an inspiration of the Ultimate Comics Spider-man Costume when Peter Parker decide to go into a wrestling career.
Also, just use Black Tulip Slick Puffy Paint on the Webbing.

But I don't know about the symbol though.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back