First Sculpt Ever, Custom Predator

SalaciousR

So this is my first try at sculpting anything! I welcome all and any info from ya'll! I haven't had a lot of time to read up on the best practices, but part of the fun is messing it up all on your own!

Hopefully I will have some time to read more on methods, part of my problem is that I'm new to all this but it's still fun!

I did this work in just over 6 hours and used an oil based non-sulfur clay.

It's a little smaller than I was planning, but it is all good practice!

The teeth are only there for a referance point while I was sculpting, I plan on sculpting those out once I get more clay in the mail

Thanks for looking, and thanks in advance for any guidance ya'll can offer

-Salacious R

Predator3.JPG

predator4.JPG

Predator.JPG

Predator2.JPG

Thanks! Looking at the other member's work, I see that I have some work to do!

It looks like I should bring the sides in, raise the ridge, work on the lower jaw, and find a better way to sculpt the back of the head to allow for the dreads to be connected!

Thanks again for having a place to figure this all out!

Looks like a good start, love the different take on the Predator. Great strong lines in the head shape. Whats the idea you have for this character, Young blood, Elder, Rogue??.
Will watch the progress on this.

dont know if it will help or hurt but,....i always had an easier time just blocking in shapes and making sure the proportions and symmetry are all good
BEFORE i start detailing and chopping,......not at all saying it's the right way ,......just seems easier ,.......sucks to go hacking at it once you have detail you're happy with but one things off so you have to totally re-work a section ,.........saves headaches and aggrivation ,......mate
looks awesome so far man,......keep slingin

Thanks for the advice! I just learned that lesson yesterday! Ha ha. I got some new clay in the mail but it ended up being a different color so things are getting a little weird, but I'll post some pictures up soon.

I guess the end result will be the same when I get to the pulling of the mask stage.

I thought about making the character a rogue, like the pred from the Bad Blood comics.

I'll post some pics of the progress with the new clay.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back