First Post: Thor Cosplay

6 finger wizard

Hello all, i've lurked here a while but this is my first time posting on the RPF. I thought id introduce myself by posting some pictures of the avengers Thor costume i built last year. Im already starting to work on the version from Thor: the dark world with what reference i can find.
good2.JPGgood3.JPGgood5b.jpggood6.JPG
Im fairly proud of how the chest and the hammer turned out, the rest not as much. Ive got a few in process photos and some more close ups of the hammer.

Looks great! I'm also starting a new Thor suit from the new movie. One thing I haven't been able to find is a close up of what is etched on the chest pieces (the parts you made out of styrofoam balls). Any idea what is engraved on there? It might just be the same thing written on his hammer, but I"m not sure.

ive found a couple really good reference pics, theyre huge but ill try to link them, it doesnt look like any kind of writing, just a squiggly kind of design
deadpooljokes4.jpg

Looks great!! We never got that far with my Fiancé's - Only the chest armor and Mjolnir. What did you use for the arms - painted foam?

yep, i had a few problems with that, particularly trying to keep the scales straight over the fake muscles, they also tended to kinda shred near the edge of the chest piece, im thinking of some different materials for the next one

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back