First Mask... would like some help :)

loanreaper

Hi all

I have just finished my first predator suit which took me around 4 months to make. I am happy with what i made but no it is time to get mroe creative.. :)
(
20110128_001.jpg
)

I would like to create a proper mask and helmet which i will be able to wear to conventions.

The help i need is really the best way to start a mask off, i see people making molds of there face first and then build on that with clay - is this the best way?

Then once i finally have my mask the best way to make a helmet which will fit perfect to my mask as the last helmet i paid for and then painted but does not fit my head perfect .

Any help would be a great start for me.

Thanks in advance.

Loanreaper

It's probably not a requirement to make a life cast of your head since the mask isn't going to be a form-fitting appliance. You will probably want a generic armature just to save on time and clay, though.

On that subject, generally, sculpting in clay then casting is the professional quality method for mask making. There are other options like foam available that can look just as awesome. This thread in the huntorials section has a ton of guides on various ways to make just about anything.

It's probably not a requirement to make a life cast of your head since the mask isn't going to be a form-fitting appliance. You will probably want a generic armature just to save on time and clay, though.

On that subject, generally, sculpting in clay then casting is the professional quality method for mask making. There are other options like foam available that can look just as awesome. This thread in the huntorials section has a ton of guides on various ways to make just about anything.

That is perfect thank you very much for your help..

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back