First look: X-Men First Class group shot

Yeah, what he said :lol (Thanks for wording it better than I did, Solo!)

Heh, my pleasure. :)

I don't disagree with you guys. Having many characters just requires someone or someones who can actually handle that many characters. And clearly, most Hollywood writers and directors just can't. And those who can are maybe discarded because they cost more, with the studio going for the cheaper choice to just churn out a barely decent script and movie.

I'm not sure there are many writers or directors who COULD do justice to 9 main characters in the span of about 100min. Some people will simply be background material, no matter how big of a named actor they are or how important they are in comics. Look at Kelsey Grammar's Beast, or Ben Foster's Angel. Both of these guys are talented performes, and yet they're relegated to sideshow status. Why? Simple. Too many players, not enough time.

IF they can say "Yeah, Halle, we really don't care about Monster's Ball, k? Just say your four lines, look pretty, and collect your check. Your double can do the wire work," and then get back to the main story, the film MIGHT not suck, but with a cast that big, I start thinking "Oh look...another X3..." It's just too easy to have these one-note characters run through a few scenes and let your movie be carried by that kind of action/spectacle.

I have lost all faith in Fox to turn out a decent movie, I hope there is a clause that if the movie utterly tanks Marvel gets the rights back and can finally do a proper X-Men movie.

shoppedb.jpg

Seriously, 12 year old fanboys can whip up better shoppery.

No Cyclops? Why are they always hating on Cyclops? First they knock him out and keep him out of 98% of X2 then they kill him off in the first act of X3...what gives??

I'm cool with the stills from the movie, but one question, it's X-Men Fist Class, where is Cyclops, Jean Grey and Angel? That and Beast is what the first class is!!!

I'm cool with the stills from the movie, but one question, it's X-Men Fist Class, where is Cyclops, Jean Grey and Angel? That and Beast is what the first class is!!!

Yeah, you'd think that, right? I will never understand the way these things evolve in such obviously wrong directions... Well, wrong as far as my opinion goes anyway. But apparently from that article, the director says this is a "prequel" to the other films - not a reboot - which I think might have been a better idea considering how massively screwed up X3 was. Just start from scratch with the *original* team as the "first class."

Well... there's a slight issue with translating a comic book where the characters haven't aged much since the '60s to a film where the first time we meet the characters was set in the oughts (that's the 2000s).

X-3 was a mess to me... too many tangled plots, too many characters, too many main characters killed off...

Wolverine... while not horrible to me, was just sort of ho-hum of a movie. It seemed to be lacking something.

I'm not sure what to think... this is VERY young cast, and Bryan Singer has very little involvment. I'm also surprised not to see it move forward toward a more modern era... as in no McKellen or Stewart.

At this point, I see more X-Boys than X-Men... how thoughtless of me... and X-Girls. You know, it never dawned on me how sexist the name X-Men was until now.

Well, Marvel, along with DC have done so many Zero-Hour/Multiverse/2099/timeline resets, maybe this is what the "first class" looks like, these days?

I was really hoping for a reboot, along with Spiderman. I mean, come on, how old is this franchise now? Gee, I think my Great Grandfather must have seen the first X-Men flick on a movieola!
Say, aren't we about due for another Batman reboot too? And The Hulk?

I must say, I AM really looking forward to The Avengers. And Captain America. And Thor.

Wait, what was this thread about, again?

EDIT: Oh Yeah! January Jones! She's beautiful!

Who in GODS NAME designed Magnetos Helmet ? :confused

THIS is MAGNETO...

magneto.jpg

What that guy is wearing is something out of
THE MONARCHS back closet !

:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these debates about live action superhero movies... I truly don't know why.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm one of very few that'll have this opinion but even though I've read tons of X-Men (and other X-comics) over the years, I can't see the comic book version of Magneto and think that helmet design is cool. His classic costume just looks like somebody that stepped out of a Mardi Gras parade to me :p (which didn't stop me from reading the comics obviously.)

My favorite design is actually the helmet used in the first X-Men movie. I actually thought that was an improvement over the classic comic costumes. That may be blasphemy to some and sorry if so. I know I can have weird opinions sometimes. I'm just very opinionated when it comes to visual design aesthetics.

I am A-Ok with Magneto's helmet, its not perfect, but compared to full head of hair Dr. Who look-a-like Xavier, its ok.

I'll go see it, if for no reason other than to rail on it later :lol but I may enjoy it too who knows...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back