First Lightsaber: The Holiday Special

I know, I'm such a tease. Here's the finished saber. You deserve it:
17210368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.jpg

02590208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.jpg

23677184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.jpg

53767680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.jpg

31902720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.jpg

58953216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.jpg

And there we go. Just a little bit of paint touch up to do, but she's finished. Final thought: Totally pleased. This was a completely fun process, and a cool finished product. I'll try to get up a few final beauty shots later.
Thank you all for following along. I hope this was entertaining, or informative, or something. If you've got questions, please post them.
Until next time.

Great job!

Is that my smaller control box, or the scaled-up version?

Really nice work, and great glamour shots!! The deck floor rivals my picture-takin'-stump!!

Great job!

Is that my smaller control box, or the scaled-up version?

Really nice work, and great glamour shots!! The deck floor rivals my picture-takin'-stump!!

That’s the second control box I printed, the revised small V7, I think. I haven’t scaled it yet, but it would be an interesting comparison to see them side by side.

Thanks, I needed someplace with good light and an interesting but neutral background. Ironically after shooting these my daughter, being very helpful, carried the saber inside. And dropped it on the floor, breaking the end cap. So now I’m filling, sanding and painting a new one. As long as I’m at it I may as well do the control box, too.

I really don't want to call this a build thread, because I don't think I can do anything that NeoRutty, Halliwax, TrooperTrent, Dann, or any of the others who have posted about this project can't do. They are the originators, the trailblazers; I'm merely following in their footsteps.

Whether it's been done before or not, I still enjoy following new threads of people's builds. I also take a lot of inspiration from others props.

I think you did a good job. Looks great in the pictures.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I’ve been following along in the Elstree thread, and things got a little crazy over there. This is why I’m in it: to build cool stuff.
You’re right, Dann, I need a villain in here somewhere. I’m thinking Roman’s MPP for a start. But that will have to wait it’s turn.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I’ve been following along in the Elstree thread, and things got a little crazy over there. This is why I’m in it: to build cool stuff.
You’re right, Dann, I need a villain in here somewhere. I’m thinking Roman’s MPP for a start. But that will have to wait it’s turn.
That one is probably next on my list as well, but with buying a house this year, my hobbies have had to be put aside for a while. If you do build one, post it, maybe I can live vicariously through yours :)

No problem!

I can relate. All my hobbies had to take a long break to get married, buy a house, get a dog, have kids.

I’ll be working on finishing a couple things (hopefully soon) like the DL-44 and DT-12 on the bench already. And I promised my friend at work that I’d make him a GB proton gun. And then..........

Update time! (Only two years in the making.). I finally attached Trooper Trent’s new control box. Nothing fancy here. I did sand the long sides because they had bowed out a bit in the middle. They’re not perfect, but you can’t tell. After that it was just primer, paint, and decals.
F921C9F1-35DC-4E92-9C95-87CA9EB7F750.jpeg

And this saber is still an ugly duckling. But at least it’s done and more accurate now.
-Seth

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back