First Lightsaber prop...

Morningstar

So,
Quite a few years ago lightsaber how-tos started popping up, and i started REALLY getting into how people were designing these - i mean every aspect from just something as simple as a tube and some paint to the "stunt" sabers. I decided for my first project id try the "plumbing parts" approach to a lightsaber mostly because i had no access to a lathe - kinda hard to have one with an apartment and no garage :). I submit for your viewing my first attempt a lightsaber. it does actually light up and i used a "led candle" circuit to provide flickering to a square blue LED at i think 5000mcd -dont hold me to that this was in turn set up with soft touch on/off switch and a small vibrating motor salvaged from an old cell phone - the entire setup runs on three "AA" batteries. Im currently rowking on a second lightsaber what will be about 1/4 inch larger in diameter. Please keep in mind the majority of the work was done freehand and using sandaper/dremel to finish most of the cuts. If anyone has any insight input or questions please feel free to post here. I can also provide a schematic for the wiring of the internals :)
IMG_0984.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back