First Avenger belt and holster rig [COMPLETED 07MAY2012]

Re: First Avenger belt and holster rig

Or spring wire shaped into a 'C' with the tabs fixed on the ends.

But when I look at the screen used buckle I think it might be a fake. That is, it looks like it comes apart, but doesn't.
I think one side of the belt attaches behind in some simple way.

Screen used was a fake I'm pretty sure. They never show it in use and in all of the pictures I've seen it looks like a solid piece.

UPDATE

Here is my wooden prototype of the belt buckle. I will cast it in resin first to see if it will work.

2012-02-10192537.jpg

2012-02-10193542.jpg

I used kit # 44450-06!

I actually just bought a reproduction holster that I'm going to take apart and get the pattern for. That way if I ever do a run of these I will have them on file with my other patterns. Thanks though! :)

Re: First Avenger belt and holster rig [NEW PICS 10FEB2012]

Hello all! I'm back from the dead (actually from California) and ready to go. Nothing further on the buckle, but the leather will be ordered soon and I hope to get started by early next week. My wife has a job now so I have plenty of weekend time to catch up on lost time. More to come.

Please tell your wife thank you for letting you play with all the nice toys :lol

Hello all!

Back with a quick update. Threw together a quick prototype pouch based off of dozens of reference photos I have.

ROUGH prototype, as you can tell by the staples I used.

2012-03-05161033.jpg

2012-03-05161044.jpg

2012-03-05161100.jpg

2012-03-05161108.jpg

I drew up some stencils for those of you who are looking to make one yourself! I made them as screen accurate as I possibly could.

Pouch1Stencil.png

Pouch2Stencil.png

Looking great, def be interested in a belt setup if/when you get it all finished up in the JY. :)

Re: First Avenger belt and holster rig [NEW PICS 05MAR2012]

Thanks! Forgot to put it in the stencils, but there is some decorative stitching on the sides of the pouches. Look at some pictures of the screen used to seem them. Just a rectangle.

Thank you so much for posting photos of the pattern you made! It's definitely a huge help to everyone making their own TFA pouches :)

I saw a neat buckle in the second hand store. It was plastic, but the idea could work for a fake buckle.
Here's a quick drawing of the rear.

attachment.php

Basically there's 2 studs that lock into 2 slots in the other half.

This would be metal. Then the front can be made however as it doesn't take any strain.

Pretty easy design. Thanks for sharing! I've decided to not work on the buckle for now as other members are offering them.

True, however I am mainly a leather worker so I will stick to that for now. If I have the time and resources later on I will work on it.

**UPDATE**

Got in the holster and pouch hardware today. Also the leather dye.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back