First attempt at Bio sculpt

Budo

Bio sculpt I made it over the weekend let me know what you think.

predotorbio017.jpg

predotorbio018.jpg

predotorbio019.jpg

predotorbio017.jpg

predotorbio018.jpg

predotorbio019.jpg

Not too bad actually for a weekends work. I think the nose/mouth guard part (don't know what you call it) is a bit to long and the bits that stick out of the sides of the crown need widening. Changing these will make the piece a bit less angular and give it a more natural curvature. I would also make the curve more pronounced between the front and back of the Bio, it looks a wee bit flat. Of course all of this depends on the shape of your mask if you intend covering one.
Looks like you've got the symmetry pretty good but it could be improved with further tweaking. It's easy for us to crticise looking at static photos, but not so easy when looking at the live sculpt.
Hope my practical critique is of use and doesn't discourage you, as this is the time to get things right. No point in telling someone after the cast is made.
See you have the alien brewing in the background. Looks as though you are going to be busy. :(

Not too bad actually for a weekends work. I think the nose/mouth guard part (don't know what you call it) is a bit to long and the bits that stick out of the sides of the crown need widening. Changing these will make the piece a bit less angular and give it a more natural curvature. I would also make the curve more pronounced between the front and back of the Bio, it looks a wee bit flat. Of course all of this depends on the shape of your mask if you intend covering one.
Looks like you've got the symmetry pretty good but it could be improved with further tweaking. It's easy for us to crticise looking at static photos, but not so easy when looking at the live sculpt.
Hope my practical critique is of use and doesn't discourage you, as this is the time to get things right. No point in telling someone after the cast is made.
See you have the alien brewing in the background. Looks as though you are going to be busy. :(

I tend to take all feedback as positive feedback.

Thanks

I think it looks great. The jaw width was the only thing I would say may have needed adjustment. How does it measure to your mask? If you think the measurement works and covers your mask then why change it.

It has been a week. Have done any work to it?

I think it looks great. The jaw width was the only thing I would say may have needed adjustment. How does it measure to your mask? If you think the measurement works and covers your mask then why change it.

It has been a week. Have done any work to it?

I made it out of air dry clay so it has hardened now. And it does fit my mask it is almost the same size as my Celtic mask. I am going to make a cast just to
see the finished product painted and with lenses.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back